From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This move effect may be in need of research. |
Reason: Checking effect on the power of Weather Ball and Solar Blade; checking effect on type effectiveness display in Generation VI
You can discuss this on the talk page.
Strong winds (Japanese: 乱気流 turbulence) are a type of weather introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. They do not appear in the overworld.
Strong winds are created by Delta Stream and last until the summoner is removed from the field (and no other Pokémon with Delta Stream remain on the field), the summoner is rotated out in a Rotation Battle, the summoner has Delta Stream suppressed or replaced, or extremely harsh sunlight or heavy rain is created by Desolate Land or Primordial Sea, respectively.
|| Gen VI
|| Gen VII
| Delta Stream activated
|| "A mysterious air current is protecting Flying-type Pokémon!"
|| "Mysterious strong winds are protecting Flying-type Pokémon!"
| Preventing changing weather
|| "The mysterious air current blows on regardless!"
|| "The mysterious strong winds blow on regardless!"
| Weakening an attack
|| "The mysterious air current weakened the attack!"
|| "The mysterious strong winds weakened the attack!"
| When the strong winds end
|| "The mysterious air current has dissipated!"
|| "The mysterious strong winds have dissipated!"
- Strong winds cause moves that would be super effective against pure Flying-type Pokémon to only be normally effective.
- Outside of Inverse Battles, this causes Electric-, Ice-, and Rock-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon.
- During Inverse Battles, this causes Bug-, Fighting-, Grass-, and Ground-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon.
- If a move is not super effective against the Pokémon's other type (for dual-typed Pokémon), this no longer counts as a super effective hit (for the purposes of damage-reducing Berries, Expert Belt, etc.).
- This has no effect on Stealth Rock and Anticipation.
- Causes the moves Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, and Hail to fail if used. This cannot be subverted even with Cloud Nine or Air Lock.
- Causes the Abilities Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning to fail. This cannot be subverted even with Cloud Nine or Air Lock.
- Weather Ball remains a Normal-type move during strong winds.
- The moves Moonlight, Morning Sun, and Synthesis continue to recover ½ of max HP, as they do in clear weather.
In other languages