From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Generation VI
| Protects the Pokémon from some ball and bomb moves.
Bulletproof (Japanese: ぼうだん Bulletproof) is an Ability introduced in Generation VI. Prior to Generation VII, it was the signature Ability of Chespin's evolutionary line.
Pokémon with Bulletproof are not affected by ball and bomb moves.
Bulletproof blocks the following moves:
Outside of battle
Bulletproof has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Bulletproof
- Due to their English names differing from their Japanese names, the English names of several ball and bomb moves obscure why they are categorized as such.
- Acid Spray is known as アシッドボム Acid Bomb in Japanese.
- Aura Sphere is known as はどうだん Wave Bomb in Japanese.
- Barrage is known as たまなげ Ball Throw in Japanese.
- Beak Blast is known as くちばしキャノン Beak Cannon in Japanese.
- Focus Blast is known as きあいだま Fighting Spirit Bullet in Japanese.
- Octazooka is known as オクタンほう Okutank Cannon in Japanese.
- Pollen Puff is known as かふんだんご Pollen Ball in Japanese.
- Rock Wrecker is known as がんせきほう Rock Cannon in Japanese.
- Searing Shot is known as かえんだん Flame Bomb in Japanese.
- Despite some moves affected by this Ability having "cannon" in their English and/or Japanese names, Spike Cannon, Flash Cannon, Hydro Cannon, Fleur Cannon and Dynamax Cannon are unaffected by it.
In other languages