From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Argenta redirects here. For the city known as Argenta in French, see Pewter City.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Hall Matron Argenta (Japanese: ステージマドンナ ケイト Stage Madonna Kate) is the Frontier Brain in charge of running the Battle Frontier's Battle Hall. She is the only character in the games to have the Trainer class Hall Matron (Japanese: ステージマドンナ Stage Madonna).
In the games
Argenta is the Frontier Brain of the Battle Hall in the Sinnoh and Johto regions. She can be challenged after 50 consecutive battles, which is unique as all other Frontier Brains can be challenged after 21 consecutive battles. Once defeated, she will give away the silver commemorative print. Argenta can be challenged again after 170 consecutive battles, and will give away the gold commemorative print when defeated. The player must defeat all types at least 10 times before challenging her again and again.
Argenta has these Pokémon when she is challenged for the Silver and Gold print:
- Random each time. She could have anything except for the Pokémon that are not admissible in the Battle Frontier. These include Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Additionally, the Trainer cannot choose the Pokémon type.
- "My Battle Hall allows Trainers to mount challenges with their one favorite Pokémon. I imagine there were tense moments getting here with your chosen one. But understand that one shines the brightest when a challenge is overcome. I am Argenta, and I am your final and most daunting challenge. I dare you to overcome my challenge."
- "Oh...I detest how fun times seem to end so quickly."
- "A good Trainer doesn't force their favorite on anyone. A good one keeps with their favorite without drama or fanfare. That is how I see it, at least. And, by the way I see it, you're an excellent Trainer! Be sure to visit the Battle Hall again with a favorite Pokémon. Until then, bye-bye!"
- "Well! My goodness, your Pokémon... It's got star power beyond belief. Even from inside its Poké Ball, I can feel its charismatic brilliance. But I'm the Hall Matron. I'll be the judge of that. I must battle it for myself and see if that brilliance is genuine. That is why we must battle now."
- "It's so sad how the truly fun times seem to last only a moment."
- "You must never forget there is a place where everyone can shine. That goes for any kind of Pokémon, too. Spread that message in your own words. It's one everyone should hear. And now, having lost, this lady has nothing left to say at all, but... Bye-bye!"
In the manga
Argenta and Thorton in Pokémon Adventures
Argenta first appears along with her fellow Frontier Brains, Palmer, Dahlia, and Thorton in a meeting; afterward they go back to their facilities. Argenta, along with Palmer, is seen trying to investigate the communication system of the Battle Frontier going down.
After Thorton is defeated by Platinum, she slaps him out of the temper tantrum he was throwing.
Later, at the Battle Hall, Argenta faces Platinum in the final match. Her Dragonite proved powerful but was eventually defeated by Platinum's Froslass.
| Argenta's Dragonite was used to battle Platinum at the Battle Hall. It proved powerful and was able to deal heavy damage to Platinum's Froslass despite the type disadvantage. Eventually, it was defeated by a super effective Ice Shard, making Platinum the winner of the match.
Dragonite's only known move is Steel Wing.
|| VS. Dragonite
In the TCG
This listing is of cards mentioning or featuring Argenta or her Pokémon in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- She has the same color scheme as Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite Four and Will of the Johto Elite Four: purple hair with maroon-themed clothes.
- Like Lucian and Will, she also sports eyewear.
|| ステージマドンナ ケイト
Stage Madonna Kate
| From 鶏頭 Keitō, the plumed cockscomb.
|| Hall Matron Argenta
|| From Celosia argentea, the scientific name of the plumed cockscomb. May also be derived from argentum, Latin for silver.
|| Lady Scène Célosia
|| From Celosia argentea, the scientific name of the plumed cockscomb.
|| Saaldiva Argenta
|| Same as English name.
|| Stella Palco Mara
|| Possibly from Amaranthaceae, the family where the plumed cockscomb belong to.
|| Dama Salón Argenta
|| Same as English name.
|| 스테이지마돈나 맨드라
Stage Madonna Mandra
| From Mandrake.
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 舞台女主角 凱特
Stage Actress Kǎitè
| Transliteration of Kate.