- If you were looking for the held items in the Mystery Dungeon series, see Scarf (Mystery Dungeon).
- For the held item that boosts the holder's Speed, see Choice Scarf.
Scarves (Japanese: バンダナ bandanna) are a special class of held items that add to the condition of a Pokémon. They will boost the Pokémon's performance in the primary round of a Pokémon Contest, the Visual Competition of a Super Contest, and the Introduction Round of a Contest Spectacular.
In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire, the Pokémon Fan Club Chairman at Slateport City will give away one of these when first shown a Pokémon with at least 200 points in the scarf's corresponding condition. In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, they are given away by the Scarf Guy in Pastoria City for the same reason.
List of scarves
These are artwork of the items as seen in the Pokémon Dream World.
|Blue Scarf||Green Scarf||Pink Scarf||Red Scarf||Yellow Scarf|
In the manga
Before competing in the Master Rank, Ruby was given five scarves that he used to enhance Nana's Coolness, Kiki's Cuteness, Mumu's Toughness, Feefee's Beauty and Fofo's Smartness, leading all of them to win the Contest and fulfilling Ruby's part of the 80-day challenge.
- Silk Scarf, an item that enhances the power of Normal-type moves.
- Choice Scarf, an item that enhances the holder's Speed but only allows it to use one move.
- Although they cannot be obtained in Generation V, the scarves had artwork found in the files of the Dream World.
In other languages
|In-battle effect items|
Berries • Colored orbs • Drives • Power items
Experience-affecting items • Gems • Incense • Mega Stones • Memories • Plates
Stat-enhancing items • Type-enhancing items • Z-Crystals
|Out-of-battle effect items|
Power items • Incense • Mail • Scarves
|This item article is part of Project ItemDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all items.|