From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This user identifies as male.
I'm by and large a lurker. I roam about sites like deviantART, FurAffinity, ... even TV Tropes.
On this wiki
|| This user is not a member of any project and prefers to work on anything floating around.
I tend to surf this wiki primarily for reference, such as researching Pokémon movesets and game locations. (Wouldn't have caught a Riolu in HeartGold without it!)
I generally focus on little things, like proper spelling/grammar/wording (a particular peeve), and some interest in the upkeep of Trivia sections. Yeah, I like to mention something if I feel it's really interesting, but I'm also aware that Trivia sections can't be allowed to dominate a page.
On the other hand, sometimes what starts as a minor fix, paraphrase or rewording snowballs into a complete rewrite of the passage in question -- I'm not afraid to go there, either.
In the games
|| This user has a difficult time nicknaming Pokémon.
I have a mild interest in the game series, starting in Generation I with Pokémon Red Version. I still play the series from time to time, although I have virtually no experience in online/competitive multiplayer battles. I personally tend to favor the Fire and Flying types with an emphasis on offense, but try to keep a balanced team just the same. Tough work. My typical team roster tends to resemble this:
For some reason, I've been able to successfully pick whichever starter has the highest Speed of its trio, even at first glance. Henceforth, in the main series:
For obvious reasons, this is limited to randomly generated (e.g. wild) Shiny Pokémon.
What Pokémon are my favorites overall? This list is by no means comprehensive, but for a few groups....
As for Legendary Pokémon, I have only one favorite out of them all:
Johto's three legendary beasts have always been my favorite group of legendaries, and Raikou is my favorite member of that trio. I really like Raikou's general design, its vocal cry, and (in HeartGold version) its particular mix of the battle theme music. And Electric has always been one of my overall favorite types as well.
Also, while I'll never know for sure (the battery in my Pokémon Gold cart has long since expired), Raikou was probably the first roaming Pokémon I ever encountered in the field, and used a Master Ball to capture.
As of Generation V, I have completed one game but not another in every Pokemon generation. This includes:
- Generation I: Red (through capturing Mewtwo), but not Yellow
- Generation II: Gold (up to, but not including, the battle with Red) but not Crystal (was at Blackthorn City)
- Generation III: Emerald (not including Frontier battles), but not FireRed (at Elite 4)
- Generation IV: HeartGold (including that battle with Red), but not Platinum (at Victory Road)
- Generation V: White 1, but not White 2 (at Elite 4)
In other media
I do not follow the anime. I've seen about three episodes in total, and the first movie. Not part of its target audience, not impressed by the main anime series.
Nor do I follow the manga -- the only volume I've ever seen is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team, and even that was only because it was published in issues of Nintendo Power magazine.
I do, however, occasionally draw fanart of specific Pokémon, and for my 2010 Nanowrimo, wrote a 52,000 word novel based on a Pokémon-centric setting.
Did you know...?
- Fire/Electric (comprising one Pokemon, Heat Forme Rotom) is the only type combination simultaneously resistant to Fire, Ice, and Electric. On the other side, the common Bug/Flying is the only type combination simultaneously vulnerable to these three.
- Ice/Ground (e.g. the Swinub family) is the only type combination simultaneously vulnerable to all three starter elements (Fire, Water, Grass);Dragon is the only type with simultaneous resistance to all three.
I can regularly be found at:
As stated on my deviantART page, I do not have accounts on social networks (like Facebook or Twitter).