Name Similarities to Illumise
Minor speculation but i can't help but notice the pikachu in the picture. Either this is just because it's the franchise mascot or pokemon from gens 1 to 5 will be in Kalos unlike Unova's first two games. --Bomyne (talk) 11:43, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- We know that Zigzagoon (and Linoone) will be in the Kalos Pokédex. However, Pikachu might just make a cameo, like it did in Castelia City and like Shroomish did in Hearthome City.--電禅Den Zen 11:57, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- In the announcement trailer back in Jan where Pikachu is on the tower, they mention that favorite old Pokémon would make an appearance, and they showed an encounter with a wild Pikachu.
- Also, while this part is speculation on my own behalf; with the emphasis on light for this city, the tower's tip might light up. It is also likely, if it does light up, it does so possibly with the aid of a (Electric-Type) Pokémon much in the same way that the lighthouse in Olivine City (did I get the right city, been a long time since I played G&S.) Plus Pikachu was shown using its electricity on top of the tower in the announcement trailer. I wouldn't be surprise if a whole slew of Electric-Type Pokémon could be found in and near Lumiose City. But, we'll have to wait and see. Yamitora1 (talk) 21:18, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- I shortened and dulled it down. I don't see how it was Touristy. Also thanks ArcToraphim for the fix. I keep forgetting to do that when linking Pokémon names to their articles. Yamitora1 (talk) 01:40, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
Lumiose City Gym
In the 3rd Pokémon X and Y trailer, at 0:34, there is an image of the tower in the centre of the city. At the entrance of the tower is the same symbol that is in front of the Santalune City Gym, in the 2nd trailer, at 0:42. This symbol is the Gym symbol from Unova, so it is safe to assume that Lumiose City also has a Gym. From Kalos' map, Lumiose City is the 3rd Location to visit, after Vaniville and Santalune, so it could be the 2nd Gym, although it could act like Petalburg or Viridian and have the Gym challenged later on. Since Lumiose City is based on Paris, the City of Lights, then the Gym type could be Electric or Fairy (there probably will be some sort of Fairy Gym/Elite Four Member somewhere in Kalos), but this is very speculative. Xolotl (talk) 10:21, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
- I too, noticed this in the trailer. The gym logo is also visible in a screenshot for Pokémon X and Y (I think there is a YouTube video pointing this out.), so I would think that it is fair to say that it is not just an animé variation. There have however been gyms in the animé that have not appeared in games such as those of the Orange Archipelago, and unofficial gyms, including a fake gym set up by Team Rocket, but I would think it unusual to have an unofficial gym in-game. Of course the typing of the gym is completely speculative, however, I think that the fact that there is a Lumiose Gym is pretty conclusive.--ShinyPatch (talk) 18:19, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
Korean name for Lumiose City
Its Korean name is 미스시티 Miseu Siti.
- I suspect it's based on the English word "myth", although that would be transliterated as 미쓰. Alternatively, 미스 could be "Miss" (whether "female tiitle" or "opposite of hit"), but I have my doubts. I'll have to get back to this. -- Nick15 (talk) 23:01, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
Plants and Lights?
How come all of the other cities and towns in Kalos so far are named after plants, yet Lumiose city is named after Paris' nickname 'the city of lights'? Shouldn't it be added to the trivia that Lumiose city is the only one not named after a plant? Ziggyangelo88 (talk) 07:47, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- We don't know all the cities, so we don't know yet whether another will be not named after a plant. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 07:48, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
The second story of one of the north buildings
I went there and something... odd happened. Im not even sure what it was. A very strange NPC is all i can say without spoiling. You'd know it if you saw it. well whatever it was, its clearly worth mentioning. If anyone has a clue what this thing was or what it meant, that should probably be included in the article somewhere. I think it was the building with the Dojo/Dance school on top, with the 2nd floor totally empty. I can't be sure because it only happened the one time and there are no signs left behind.
Can somebody put something explaining this? I would, but I do not have the time. It is after you go to Anistar City and receive the Mega Ring upgrade. I would appreciate it, and I will help where I can.--Darkmaster (talk) 03:40, 26 October 2013 (UTC) As I said, I would do it all, but I have neither the time or the experience to do it. - unsigned comment from Darkmaster (talk • contribs)
On the glitches thing shall we put about this ghost girl?
Apparently there's this ghost girl thing which people are talking about. Is this a glitch if so put it on the glitches. I'm not sure if it's a reference to Unova about that girl in the Strange House or just a glitch. If anyone does know can someone either add it in the glitches or make note of it in the trivia section?--Hydreigonfan1 (talk) 18:27, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- It's pretty clear to me that it's not a glitch. It's just supposed to be a creepy thing they put into the game. --It's Funktastic~!話してください 18:29, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- they put a ghost (or a few) in each game, so far i can remember DPP's house where u can find rotom, there's 2 ghosts there, also the girl in the bridge and in the abandoned house in BWB2B2 --Cabasho 10:06 11 November 2013 (-5 GMT)
Sushi High Roller requirements
Can anyone help verify the requirements to get into Sushi High Roller? I know the only requirement isn't being the Champion, but I know it is one since the NPC that lets you in mentions it. I know there is something else since after becoming Champion, I did a bunch of style stuff and the Looker side quests and got access after that. Someone updated it to say the Looker sidequests are the other prereq, but that seems weird to me. Don't those also increase your style by completing them? Unfortunately, I don't know for a fact if completing that was what gave me access or not. Linkmastr001 (talk) 21:39, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
Actually, I had a thought. One thing I did before doing this restaurant was participate in each of the other restaurants, perhaps that is the other requirement? Linkmastr001 (talk) 01:48, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
I did that and beat the Elite Four, anyone else had that experience? -EVsandIVsaurs 01:56, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- "The player needs to have become the Champion, completed the side quest, and have gotten his or her style up in the city."
- So is this meant to refer to the Looker sidequests? Because "the side quest" is completely unclear and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. --SnorlaxMonster 17:13, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
- Doesn't seem to do so. I think that's it unless you get more for becoming a full celebrity in Lumiose. I'm getting close to that stage (Venusarite is only 70,000, once it gets to 10,000 I will know). ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 10:23, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
Sushi High Roller prize
Has anyone completed a course? If so, what did you get? Apparently it's Big Nuggets, but the quantities are still undetermined on Bulbapedia. -- Pringles 01:06, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
havent done it myself but the it says it is imposible to turn out profit from this restaurant... if the info presented here is correct, then its true, but the loss can be lowered to 191760 if using a double money item during the battles (such as an amulet coin). -- Cabasho 10:03 11 November 2013 (-5 GMT)
- Wait... 30k * 25 = 750k; 750k->500k... so what. Uploader (talk) 17:55, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
Wrong. In X/Y, you can sell the Big Nuggets for only 10,000 (not 30,000 like in Gen V). Therefore, you do NOT make profit in Sushi High Roller. Here's my result, using Amulet Coin + Prize Money Power lv 2, Triple Battle course.
1,454,404 (my amount of money prior to selecting a course) -450,000 (entrance cost)
1,004,404 (my amount of money prior to battling) +18,720 +18,720 +18,720 +18,720 +41,600 +250,000 (10,000 x 25)
I ends up with 1,370,884 which means a loss. So yeah, no profit, at least with PMP lv 2. I haven't try PMP lv 3. But if even with Amulet Coin and PMP lv 2 I still get a loss, that clearly means without Amulet Coin and PMP, the loss will be even greater....and even if using PMP lv 3 lets us receive some profit, it's still bad, as you must use the strongest boost just to receive a small amount of profit. Sushi High Roller? More like Sushi High Troller.Magnezone (talk) 01:09, 24 November 2013 (UTC)
- Then let me make a suggestion as to determine this, use Prize Money Power Level 3 + Luck Incense/Amulet Coin(Doesn't seem to stack) + Happy Hour. If that doesn't work, then we will need to say that the only way to make a profit is to use Pay Day to be able to make a profit. --Super goku (talk) 01:37, 24 November 2013 (UTC)