From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Please leave your message by creating a new section below. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 06:55, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
I should've explained myself better, but that's quite hard in the edit box! My intention was not "wormy" as in "worm-like", but as in "infested with and home of a worm". Wormy could also mean weak and untrustworthy (as in Burmy being the first stage of evolution, and weak), but I imagine it as in Burmy burrowing into nearby materials to create a cloak. I will to defer to you though, as I do not intend an edit war, and these name origin sections are quite subjective also, so my opinion does not automatically trump yours.
While we are at it though, do you know what is meant by "brr" or "burr"? I imagine "brr" is because it wears a cloak so that it doesn't get cold, but that might be stretching the name origin thing. As for "burr", I don't know... it is not made of metal, and as far as I can tell, it is not known to stick to passersby, like the velcro burdock plant. With that one I feel like I'm missing something... -Uncleben85 (talk) 06:28, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not really convinced by either "infested with worms," "home of a worm," or "weak and untrustworthy." I prefer to err on the side of excluding tenuous origins. For that matter, I don't really like "brr" or "burr" either, so I wouldn't argue if you wanted to get rid of them — I left them mostly out of inertia. As for what's meant by them, the talk page has some discussion, including in this section. I don't find the arguments there very convincing, but it is what it is. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 07:05, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks Pumpkinking. I'll make a section on the Talk page and see what sort of consensus there is. -Uncleben85 (talk) 07:11, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
No disruption intended. I left a response on the page to reach consensus. RubyLeafGreenCrystal (talk) 01:33, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- Last comment at Talk:Petrel. Likewise, I have one at Talk:Archer. I intend to leave the matter here but would still like some advice and opinion from a senior editor. RubyLeafGreenCrystal (talk) 02:14, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for being understanding and discussing. I should clear things up, though: I'm not a staff member, so if you want an end-all be-all final answer, I'm not the person to approach. I can only give my opinion as a fellow rank-and-file editor. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 02:25, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
What do you mean do your own research. You can't just say that of course it needs sourcing.Sly Fox (talk) 17:56, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- Bulbapedia is a wiki about Pokemon-related topics. If you want stringent sourcing about swastikas, you can go to the Wikipedia page for swastikas and look at those sources. It's not part of our purview. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:05, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
Just letting you know...
According to trivia policy, ties are notable, as long as there are only two Pokemon involved in the tie. --Celadonkey 19:59, 26 February 2017 (UTC)
- I didn't see that and I don't know when it was changed, but it used to be that ties flat-out disqualified a point. I disagree with the change. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 20:03, 26 February 2017 (UTC)
- That's fine that you disagree with the change, but that's how it is. I'm putting the trivia about Mew and Muk that Thorin added back up. --Celadonkey 20:06, 26 February 2017 (UTC)