User talk:Solar Dragon
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Preview button
- 3 my reply
- 4 Anschlag (Stop)
- 5 Link templates
- 6 ?!
- 7 I got suspended on youtube :(
- 8 Just so you know
- 9 auto confirming
- 10 Whoops
- 11 Fake Pokemon Page
- 12 Talk page issues
- 13 Pokémon Conquest
- 14 Forums
- 15 Splitting Victory Road
- 16 Notable
- 17 In response to your edit summary
- 18 Favorite Pokemon table
- 19 Pokémon Bank fix.
- 20 Revert on Low Kick Talk page
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Solar Dragon!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Solar Dragon/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- There are certain restrictions on the content and amount of userspace content a user is allowed. For details, see the Userspace policy.
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
- Sorry, I can't. I don't know why but there is something wrong with my computer and when I press preview, it stops responding. It is the same on every other wiki I am part of. I know about it but I have lost lots of edits because of this. It is just awkward for me. Solar Dragon 18:42, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
Ich tat nur diese Seite, weil es notwendig war. Ich mag verschiedene Sprachen verwenden, um auf Gespräch zu antworten. By Sanshrew-san
(I only did this site because it was necessary. I like to use different languages in order to respond to call.)
- Hi, please use English to pseak to me in future. I can't speak German but I can use a translator. Solar Dragon 18:00, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
- I don't speak German. I didn't do that, it was my bird. He is so cute! I can't show a picture or anything, because anything else also you may steal his identity. I don't mean you, I mean anyone. Sorry... I guess. Mistah☆Sandshrew P.S. He didn't pseak to you, he did speak to you. Sorry it's my temper.
Instead of linking to a disambiguation page like Pokémon Red use the link template Pokémon Red. It displays what you want, but sends you to the right place. Well, kinda. In that example not really More delicate linking and template witchcraft is required to display exactly what you wanted on the Game Boy Tower page - check it out! More link templates for general use are here. —darklordtrom 08:27, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, sorry baout that. I know of them, I just keep forgetting to use them. I will try to in future. Solar Dragon 08:35, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
How did I talk to you that makes me think you're stupid? Birds are intellegent, I have a bird (I'm not getting a dog, they're so gullible), and I could teach him german. He's also learning spanish, french, korean, hindi, and english. He's a cockatiel. Mistah☆Sandshrew
I got suspended on youtube :(
That's it. Screw it, I am jumping from that tall building. Goodbye Solar.
--Michaeldsuarez 16:40, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- Ingore this "User:Michaeldsuarez" It's Thekingoftheguild again. he's been impersonating me on several sites. --JuniusThaddeus 17:01, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- Ignore me? I DID get suspended on YouTube. Look:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Michealdsuarez Give it a rest JuniusThaddeus. Thekingoftheguild is not me and you don't even have evidence to say he is me anyway. Now back to the talk between me and my pal Solar; Someone also provided links to reviews on various sites slandering The Elder Scrolls series. Help me talk Wikipedia into deleting these links to those reviews so we can make it look like The Elder Scrolls is liked by everyone. --Michealdsuarez 00:34, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Just so you know
Transfinite is on a killing spree. Anything that has Interestingly, Strangely, or anything similar, she kills. Just let her do what she does, she knows what she's doing.--ForceFire 10:26, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- So "By using a "walk through walls" cheat and going north through the trees at each of the three lakefronts." makes sense then? ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 10:30, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
How do I get auto confirmed?--Supermon 12:18, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- You have to edit frequently and be a member for a while. There is no set limit to become autoconfirmed, it will happen if you do those two things though. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 14:14, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
Thanks, Solar for catching my mistake. Much appreciated. --GregtehCollector 06:35, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- Urm... you're welcome. What mistake? ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 07:13, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
Fake Pokemon Page
If I knew the page existed I would have likely removed that portion, nice to see you did it instead though considering it was never real and just a creepypasta story. :-) Frozen Fennec 22:09, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- Didn't know it was a creepypasta, i just guessed it was another hack Pokemon from a hack game so didn't think it important enough to get a section :P ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 23:13, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- Haha, yea. I remember reading it and a couple of other related Pokemon creepypasta over the last couple of months. Good times. Frozen Fennec 23:20, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
Talk page issues
Hey, next time it might be best to ask the creator of the page why, or wait for someone more knowledgeable to come around, instead of just getting rid of something. I'm referring to this talk page message. I had the table set up that way for a reason, which Mr-ex777 didn't know of because he doesn't play Pokémon games, he just watches LPs on youtube. So next time, please do a little more research before just removing vital coding from a page. Thanks. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 22:17, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
When you change an article to show a newly revealed English name, can you please put your source as the edit summary? It's hard for us to tell whether someone's just making stuff up or not unless we can see where the info comes from. It also helps us write a news article to let other people know about what you've discovered (You're welcome to give that a go yourself as well). Thanks. Werdnae (talk) 13:04, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry I didn't put it in the edit summary but I added my source to the talk page just before I made the changes so assumed that would be enough. Also, I suck at writing news articles otherwise I would have done so myself. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 13:15, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
Splitting Victory Road
- Devastation doesn't go away just because you beat the Champion. Bluesun (talk) 14:55, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
I'm sorry for that I put some questions on Admin talk pages. I have Autism, and what I think which is the easiest, I would the easiest way. I'm really glad that Bulbapedia supporting Autism also. By the way, here is my questions and I hope I'm not bodering you. And I didn't know that, so I'm sorry.
Ash's Krookodile evolved in both of it's evolutions agains a main characters Pokémon (Ash's Pikachu and Iris's Dragonite). Is it notable to add in the trivia section, although I think possibly not. --Station7 (talk) 17:36, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hey. I'm not certain on that one, have any other main Pokémon got similar trivia to that? Also, I'm not an admin and it would be best off to ask this sort of question on Talk:Ash's Krookodile. Thanks, ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 18:13, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
In response to your edit summary
- Even so, they do not violate copyright violations on the wiki. A copyright violation on the wiki would be the content being stolen directly from another website without attribution. There is nothing in the wiki policies to my knowledge against linking to hack rom sites. Hack roms aren't even illegal to own as long as you own the original game that it was based on. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 21:29, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
Favorite Pokemon table
- Go ahead. You don't need to say it's mine either. It's wiki code, I haven't copyrighted it or anything. Anyone can use it. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 22:37, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! Just asking to be polite :P Linkmastr001 (talk) 22:49, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know some users here don't like their code being taken without being asked first. I think it's stupid. Unless you get it copyrighted, you don't own the code which makes it free for anyone to use. And I don't want or see the need of going through things to get some code copyrighted so anyone can use any of the code from my userpage or any of the templates I made on Wikisimpsons for all I care. There's no point in getting angry because someone liked the code you created so much they used it too. :P ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 22:52, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! Just asking to be polite :P Linkmastr001 (talk) 22:49, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
Pokémon Bank fix.
Thanks again for the Pokémon Bank fix for the incorrect-linking thing; I left a comment on that article's talk page. Also, I like your stance on wikicode. :P (I feel like as long as you give credit to where one found a given piece of wikicode, it should be fine, because hunting for and subsequently asking permission for the source/author of every piece of wikicode I've liked on this wiki would be quite a chore. XD But out of courtesy for a user's wishes, I'd still probably ask permission first in the event that I begin constructing stuff on my userpage.. In any case, nice table on your current userpage!) Fenyx4 (talk) 00:07, 14 December 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome. I don't even care about getting credited for user space wiki code. However, if anyone was to steal my complex template designs from Wikisimpsons, without changing them at all, all hell would break loose. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 07:19, 14 December 2013 (UTC)
Revert on Low Kick Talk page