From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- If you were looking for the e-Reader application, see Time Travel (e-Reader).
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Time travel is an infrequent theme in the Pokémon franchise and has been depicted in several canons, including the games, the anime, and various manga. In general, stories in which a character travels through time focus on the repercussions of traveling into the past or the future. Usually, the motivation for time traveling comes from the need or desire to change history. Characters who interfere with the timeline will generally notice an altered present upon their return.
Two notable Pokémon possess time travel abilities. These are the Mythical Celebi, which is known as the Time Travel Pokémon and has been shown to physically travel into different time periods, and the Legendary Dialga, the Temporal Pokémon that can travel at will through past and future and has the power to send humans and Pokémon to specific points in time.
In the games
In the anime
- May, her Squirtle and Meowth travel through time with via Edna's locket in Time Warp Heals All Wounds. Events in the past directly alter the original timeline.
- Ash, Dawn, Brock, and Sheena travel through time via Dialga in Arceus and the Jewel of Life. Events in the past affect the original timeline, though not immediately, only when Arceus remembers that Ash had rescued it in the past.
- Sam travels through time via Celebi in Celebi: The Voice of the Forest. There, he encounters Ash and his friends. It is unknown if the events in the future and return to the past directly alter the original timeline, but it is hinted that it might not have and these events were already present in the original timeline.
- Ritchie travels through time via Celebi in Celebi and Joy!. Events in the past directly alter the original timeline.
- Calista travels through time via Baltoy and an alter in Me, Myself and Time. It's also a case of meeting one's younger self. It is unknown if the events in the past directly alter the original timeline.
- Ferris travels through time via a portal in a two-part episode A Restoration Confrontation!. It is also a case of arriving in the far distant past as opposed to the recent past. It is unknown if the events in the past directly alter the original timeline.
- Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie travel through time via Rotom and an elevator in Rotom's Wish!. Events in the past directly alter the original timeline.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In the Pokémon Gold & Silver: The Golden Boys manga
In the Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga