From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Receiver (Japanese: レシーバー Receiver) is an Ability introduced in Generation VII. It is the signature Ability of Passimian.
When an ally of the Pokémon with this Ability faints in battle (regardless of cause), Receiver will be replaced by the fainted Pokémon's Ability.
Receiver will not activate if its ally had the Ability Receiver, Power of Alchemy, Trace, Forecast, Flower Gift, Multitype, Illusion, Wonder Guard, Zen Mode, Imposter, Stance Change, Power Construct, Schooling, Comatose, Shields Down, Disguise, RKS System, or Battle Bond.
Receiver cannot be copied by Role Play or Trace. Role Play and Entrainment will fail if used by a Pokémon with Receiver.
Outside of battle
Receiver has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Receiver
|Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VIII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- For Generation VII games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VIII or later.
In other languages