|The Dream Continues!
The Dream Continues! (Japanese: オレの夢、ポケモンマスター！！ My Dream, Pokémon Master!!) is the 142nd and final episode of Pokémon the Series: Black & White, and the 799th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on September 26, 2013 and in the United States on December 7, 2013.
After seeing Iris and Cilan off at the train station, Ash, Pikachu, and Alexa head for Ash’s home in Pallet Town! Of course, Ash can’t wait to see all his Pokémon over at Professor Oak’s lab, but a bit of sensible advice from Alexa convinces our hero that his first stop should be to see his mother at home. That visit doesn’t last long, though—after Ash brings his mom up to date on recent adventures, she knows he can’t wait to see his Pokémon, and gives him the go-ahead to hurry over to Professor Oak’s lab, where Alexa is interviewing the professor.
After thanking his Unova Pokémon (along with Pikachu and Charizard) for all the great work they did leading up to and during the Unova League, Ash begs Alexa to introduce Professor Oak to her Pokémon: Helioptile, Gogoat, and finally the powerful Noivern! Up close and personal has always been Professor Oak’s favorite way to do research, and with a mighty Boomburst from Noivern, he gets his way!
Ash is full of questions about the Kalos region, and Alexa can hardly keep up with them! But everyone can tell the excitement about Kalos is building up within our hero, and before the evening is over, Ash announces that he’s going to Kalos with Pikachu and Alexa the very next morning. This doesn’t surprise his mom in the slightest, though she’s sad to see him go.
After a restless night, too excited about his next journey to sleep, Ash thanks his mother for everything and bids a fond farewell to her and Professor Oak. And with promises to do his very best, Ash, Pikachu, and Alexa are off to the Kalos region—and untold new adventures!
Having just returned to Kanto, Ash and Alexa arrive at Pallet Town. Alexa notes that Ash's Pokémon must be anxiously waiting for him at his house but Ash corrects her that Professor Oak cares for them at his laboratory. He's eager to head there at once and offers to show Alexa the way, but Alexa tells Ash that visiting his mother comes first. Ash agrees, and the two arrange to meet at the lab later before heading down separate paths.
At the Ketchum residence, Mimey is sweeping the front path when Ash arrives and the two have a happy reunion. Heading inside, Ash is greeted by his mom who asks him for his laundry. She notes that from the look of his worn backpack he clearly did his best, and Ash confirms that he did even if it wasn't enough to win the Vertress Conference. As she takes the bag of dirty washing, Delia sends Ash upstairs to clean and get refreshed. Heading upstairs, Ash enters his bedroom and adds his collection of Unova Gym Badges to his mementos of past adventures, knowing he did his best while resolving to do better next time. Later, Ash enjoys a hot drink as Pikachu and Mr. Mime play together while Delia makes plans to invite Professor Oak and Alexa to dinner. She then notes that Ash is probably wanting to head to the lab to see his Pokémon and allows him to go. Ash happily leaves, promising to return soon.
At the lab, Professor Oak is in the middle of his interview with Alexa as he shows off Bulbasaur. Alexa asks if it is always peaceful with so many different Pokémon around. Professor Oak admits that while some quarrels do break out, Bulbasaur acts as a peacemaker and always manages to settle things quickly. Alexa is impressed, and asks Professor Oak if Bulbasaur is his Pokémon. Professor Oak replies that Ash is its actual Trainer, and at that moment the young Trainer arrives and greets Professor Oak. Bulbasaur is happy to see Ash again and starts running over, causing Ash to jump the fence and get trampled by his herd of Tauros. Professor Oak laughs as he explains that all the Tauros also belong to Ash. Ash apologizes to Alexa as he realizes he interrupted the interview and asks where his old travel companion Tracey is, and is told that Misty asked Tracey to visit Cerulean Gym that day. Ash sadly notes he's missed Tracey again, as Alexa is impressed that the whole lab is run by just two people. Professor Oak tells her that the ones to be impressed with are the Trainers since because of them he gets to meet Pokémon from many regions and even he hasn't met all the Pokémon in the world. As he does this, he starts to examine Helioptile's fins, but as he does Helioptile gets scared and uses Parabolic Charge, shocking the Professor.
Ash asks if Professor Oak has met Gogoat, which he has and even managed to get a ride off it. Ash then asks about Noivern, and Alexa confirms she has deliberately withheld it because of its unusual nature. Professor Oak doesn't care and begs her to send it out, so Alexa does. Professor Oak is blown away by seeing it in the flesh, having only ever seen Noivern in pictures. He starts to examine it up close. Eventually it gets too much for Noivern who uses Boomburst on the Professor before clamping down on Ash's head. As Ash flails about, Alexa feeds Noivern a Spelon Berry to get it to let go before recalling it into its Poké Ball. As Oak notes that any good researcher will look at a Pokémon from all angles, suddenly Rotom arrives and the Professor offers to take Alexa inside so he can showcase his research about Rotom's form changes.
Ash decides to stay outside and see his Pokémon, and requests that Bulbasaur summon the ones he caught in Unova. Bulbasaur then uses a special Solar Beam designed as a signal to Ash's Pokémon to gather. Alexa is amazed, as Professor Oak explains that Bulbasaur uses different patterns to call Pokémon caught specifically in certain regions. Unfezant, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore and Krookodile all notice it and gather while Ash sends out Charizard, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, and Scraggy. As the various Pokémon all greet each other, Ash thanks them for their hard work during their travels and that he feels stronger despite losing the Unova League.
Ash lies back in the grass, thinking of how despite his experiences as a Trainer he's still got a lot to learn and he thinks back to all his friends; Gary, Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, and Cilan. Knowing that they're all working hard to achieve their dreams, declares that his own dream of being a Pokémon Master still burns bright as ever and each of his experiences moves him closer, and as long as he has his Pokémon by his side that dream will never end. All the gathered Pokémon happily agree, as Helioptile arrives. Seeing it reminds Ash that there's still many Pokémon he hasn't met yet, and suddenly knows what his next step will be. Professor Oak and Alexa arrive, and Ash asks Alexa if there's other Pokémon in the Kalos region he hasn't seen. Alexa confirms that there are as well as a Pokémon League, Elite Four, and a Champion. This settles it for Ash, his next destination will be the Kalos region.
Suddenly, several blue flames hit the field trapping the humans and Pokémon in a ring of fire. Professor Oak recognizes it as a Will-O-Wisp attack, and from above Team Rocket arrive in their balloon and recite the motto. James congratulates Yamask on successfully confining everyone and returns him to his Poké Ball as Jessie and Meowth declare that they're going to capture Pikachu and all the other Pokémon at the lab. As the balloon gets ready to use everything it has, Ash tells his Pokémon respond with full power. With that Pikachu uses Thunderbolt, Snivy uses Leaf Storm, Pignite uses Flamethrower, Oshawott uses Hydro Pump, Unfezant uses Air Cutter, Scraggy uses Focus Blast, Leavanny uses Energy Ball, Boldore uses Flash Cannon, Palpitoad uses Mud Shot, Krookodile uses Stone Edge, and Charizard uses Flamethrower. All the attacks combine into a single blast, which easily dispatches of Team Rocket. Ash thanks his Pokémon for protecting the lab, and they all let out a happy cheer.
At the Ketchum residence, Delia works hard on the sewing machine making a present for her son.
At Team Rocket HQ, Giovanni congratulates Jessie, James and Meowth for taking out Team Plasma. As the three grow tearful at hearing their boss praise them, Giovanni then wants to see what they've achieved since then. Jessie and James get nervous, knowing they've achieved nothing. However, Meowth declares that they now own Pokémon which cannot be found in Kanto. Caught between a rock and a hard place, Jessie and James turn over Woobat, Frillish, Yamask, and Amoonguss to Giovanni and declare that they will help with Team Rocket's ultimate plan to take over the world. Walking down a corridor afterwards, Jessie and James lament the fact they're now left with no Pokémon. They decide to recommit themselves to capturing Pikachu, but agree that after the recent debacle at the lab they need to plan out what they're going to do. Suddenly the three are startled to hear a familiar Pokémon behind them; Jessie's Wobbuffet.
During dinner at his home, Ash tells his surprised mom that's he's planning to leave for Kalos the next day and challenge its Pokémon League. Alexa comments that, as usual, he'll need to collect eight Gym badges, and suggests he visits her younger sister's Gym first. Ash is surprised to hear that Alexa's sister is a Gym Leader and gets more and more excited. As Professor Oak comments that Ash's dream hasn't ended, Delia leaves and enters the kitchen. Ash and everyone start to worry that she's upset her by the news. However Delia returns with new clothes she's been making for Ash. She tells Ash she knew he wouldn't be home for long and wishes him luck on his next adventure. As everyone discusses the new adventure, Team Rocket listen in from the roof alongside the recently returned Wobbuffet. They decide to leave for Kalos straight away, still as committed to their own dreams.
Late that night, as he lies in bed, Ash finds that he can't sleep with the excitement of the upcoming adventure. He then thanks Pikachu for always being there for him during his journey and asks his best friend to always be there for him. Pikachu agrees and Ash promises himself that he'll get a lot stronger in Kalos.
At the airport the next day, Ash is in his new outfit, and his friend Alexa prepare to board the plane to Kalos. They say goodbye to his mother and Professor Oak. As the plane takes off Delia tearfully thinks of Ash knowing she'll always root for him in all his travels. Later in the Ketchum household, Delia places a framed picture on the mantle of Ash and all of his Pokémon, partners and friends forever.
- Ash and Alexa arrive in Pallet Town.
- Ash learns that Alexa's sister is a Gym Leader in the Kalos region.
- Ash decides to head to Kalos in order to challenge its Pokémon League.
- Ash leaves all of his Pokémon in rotation, except Pikachu, at Professor Oak's Laboratory.
- Ash receives new clothes from his mother.
- Jessie and James give their Unova Pokémon to Giovanni at the Team Rocket HQ, while Jessie retrieves her Wobbuffet.
- Team Rocket decide to follow Ash to Kalos.
- Ash and Alexa leave Kanto for the Kalos region.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
- Misty (fantasy)
- May (fantasy)
- Dawn (fantasy)
- Iris (fantasy)
- Brock (fantasy)
- Tracey (fantasy)
- Max (fantasy)
- Cilan (fantasy)
- Professor Oak
- Gary (fantasy)
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's; rejoins)
- Piplup (Dawn's; fantasy)
- Axew (Iris's; fantasy)
- Bulbasaur (Ash's)
- Charizard (Ash's)
- Kingler (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Muk (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Tauros (Ash's; ×30)
- Snorlax (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Heracross (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Bayleef (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Quilava (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Totodile (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Noctowl (Ash's; photo; Shiny; Japanese version)
- Donphan (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Swellow (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Sceptile (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Corphish (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Torkoal (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Glalie (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Staraptor (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Torterra (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Infernape (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Buizel (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Gliscor (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Gible (Ash's; photo; Japanese version)
- Unfezant (Ash's)
- Oshawott (Ash's)
- Pignite (Ash's)
- Snivy (Ash's)
- Scraggy (Ash's)
- Leavanny (Ash's)
- Palpitoad (Ash's)
- Boldore (Ash's)
- Krookodile (Ash's)
- Yamask (James's)
- Mr. Mime (Delia's; Mimey)
- Rotom (Professor Oak's)
- Persian (Giovanni's)
- Helioptile (Alexa's)
- Gogoat (Alexa's)
- Noivern (Alexa's)
- Pidgey (×3)
- Diglett (×2)
- This is the last main series episode to air before the release of Pokémon X and Y.
- This episode was followed by a preview for Pokémon the Series: XY, narrated by Ash, and a preview for BWS01, narrated by Cilan and Brock.
- This is the season finale of Pokémon: BW Adventures in Unova and Beyond. It is also the last episode in the Best Wishes! Season 2: Decolora Adventure! arc.
- Similar to the final episodes of the previous three series, the usual To be continued is replaced with Next Time... A New Beginning!.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Mimey since Home is Where the Start Is!, after an absence of 333 episodes.
- This is the first time in the anime that the Dare da? Pokémon in the Japanese version doesn't make an actual appearance in the episode itself.
- This episode marks Wobbuffet's return to the main cast after it made its last appearance in Memories are Made of Bliss!, 142 episodes earlier.
- Several of the background music used in the Japanese version of this episode are from the earliest era of Pokémon the Series: Black & White, and they had not been used since then.
- The jingle that previously played from BW001 to BW019 during the title cards is used again in this episode.
- Flight to Unova (BW TV BGM-M01) is used when Ash returns to his house.
- Iris' Theme (BW TV BGM-M04) plays when Alexa is filming Professor Oak.
- The background music used for Team Rocket's motto is the music that previously played from BW002 to BW006 (Team Rocket's Unova motto (BW TV BGM-M02)), instead of the usual Sinnoh motto music re-arrangement that has played from BW035 onwards.
- The dramatic music formerly used for Team Rocket's undercover missions can be heard during their reporting to Giovanni at the headquarters.
- The preview for this episode aired after BW141 uses the instrumental arrangement of Best Wishes! that was used during previews for the very first episodes of the series.
- This is the final episode to have its English dub background music composed by John Loeffler and Manny Corallo.
- Ash's Unova Pokémon revealed themselves in the order in which they were caught; Unfezant first and Krookodile last.
- This episode is, to date, the largest gathering of all of Ash's Pokémon at one time. With the exception of Bulbasaur, Tauros, Mr. Mime, and the Pokémon he traveled with in Unova and the Decolore Islands, Ash's other Pokémon only appear in a photograph shown during a post-credits scene.
- All of Ash's Unova Pokémon are seen together for the first time.
- As of this episode, Palpitoad is the Pokémon with the most episodes absent while still being in rotation of all main characters' Pokémon.
- As of this episode, Ash's Charizard permanently returns from training in the Charicific Valley, staying behind at Professor Oak's Laboratory with the rest of Ash's Pokémon, rather than going back to the care of Liza. It marks the first time Charizard has stayed at the lab under the care of Professor Oak.
- This episode confirms that Ash's Gliscor was sent to Professor Oak's Laboratory following the Lily of the Valley Conference.
- Ash, Giovanni, and Matori appear in this episode with their new outfits from Pokémon the Series: XY.
- A new Meowth balloon with a new design for Pokémon the Series: XY also appears in this episode.
- During Ash's fantasy of all of his friends, Misty is shown in her original series outfit instead of the clothes she wore in her later appearances; while Gary, Brock, and May are wearing their most recent outfits instead.
- The pajamas that Ash wears in this episode are the same as he wore in the first episode, which is notably what he was wearing when he first met Pikachu.
- The scene where Delia is seen sewing Ash's new clothes is a direct callback to a nearly identical scene from Home is Where the Start Is!.
- After Ash talks to his Pokémon about their efforts at the Unova League, Ash's Charizard responds alongside his other Unova Pokémon, even though it didn't participate in the competition.
- While at the airport, Alexa's Helioptile is not present, indicating it was inside its Poké Ball for the first time since its debut.
- When all of Ash's Pokémon celebrate after defeating Team Rocket, Unfezant disappears for a moment.
- Kingler and Muk appear to be much smaller than normal in the photo.
- The jingle that previously played from BW001 to BW019 during the title cards is removed in the international version, and replaced with the jingle from BW020 to this episode.
- The post-credits scene of the photo of Ash with all of his Pokémon is cut in the international version, but was ultimately posted on the official Pokémon Facebook and Twitter accounts.
In other languages
|Dutch||De droom gaat verder!|
|European French||Le rêve continue !|
|Greek||Το Όνειρο Συνεχίζεται!|
|Italian||Il sogno continua!|
|Korean||내 꿈은 포켓몬마스터!|
|Polish||Marzenie wciąż trwa!|
|Brazilian Portuguese||O Sonho Continua!|
|Latin American Spanish||¡El Sueño Continúa!|
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|