From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Collective box art
||July 10, 2020
The V Starter Decks (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ V Start Decks) are a set of Japanese-exclusive Standard Decks for the Pokémon Trading Card Game released on July 10, 2020.
A set of nine GX Starter Decks were released during the Sun & Moon Era aimed at introducing people to the TCG. Following the popularity of these products, another set of nine 60-card decks were released in the Sword & Shield Era, focusing on a particular Pokémon V and a selection of Pokémon associated with its type. These decks include:
- Grass Venusaur V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ草フシギバナ)
- Fire Incineroar V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ炎ガオガエン)
- Water Wailord V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ水ホエルオー)
- Lightning Pikachu V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ雷ピカチュウ)
- Psychic Mew V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ超ミュウ)
- Fighting Lucario V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ闘ルカリオ)
- Darkness Galarian Slowbro V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ悪ガラルヤドラン)
- Metal Duraludon V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ鋼ジュラルドン)
- Colorless Eevee V Deck (Japanese: Vスタートデッキ無色イーブイ)
Each deck contains a fixed selection of cards, which together form a numbered master set. These cards consist mostly of reprints from prior Sword & Shield Era expansions and subsets, as well as some Trainer cards from the Sun & Moon Era, which retain their original layout. Unlike the GX Starter Decks however, each V Starter Deck includes a handful of new cards, including the focal Pokémon V. Each deck also comes packaged with a cardboard sheet containing 31 damage counters and a pair of Special Condition markers, plus a card detailing set-up rules with a QR code for the official Pokémon Card Game website. All cards are Non Holofoil.
The V Starter Decks had a similar marketing push to their predecessors, becoming the focus of purchase campaigns and Limited format battles offering exclusive promotional cards. They were also sold at the same price point of ¥500 plus tax.
|V Starter Decks
500,000 copies of the V Starter Decks had been sold in Japan by July 28, 2020, making it the fastest-selling pre-constructed deck in the history of the TCG.