- 1 Physiology
- 2 Mainspaceable
- 3 Form colors
- 4 Ability missing
- 5 Image switching
- 6 Edit request
- 7 Form colors
- 8 Form changing
- 9 Does it change?
- 10 The changing picture
- 11 English Name
- 12 Farfetch'd
- 13 The scientists.
- 14 Breeding in Gen VI
- 15 Deerling stays in Spring Forme during Summer vacation in SMD. Is it worth trivia?
- 16 Ability
Could I make further improvements and clarifications to Shikijika's Physiology, now that a clearer picture has revealed more details? Should I put the clarified version here? Steph 14:35, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, ofcourse, and no need to post it here. --S2daam 16:54, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Should it be pointed out that its form colors resemble a cherry tree, with the pink in the spring representing cherry blossoms and the reddish-orange in the fall representing its autumn leaf color? --Goldenpelt 20:48, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- That's an opinion... -Sketch 20:57, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
According to the leak of CoroCoro, the Shikijika has two possible abilities, which is Chlorophyll(しんりょく) and Herbivore(そうしょく).--Liuyanghejerry 15:35, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
It says in the Physiology section that the upper version of its body is colored pink...but isn't that in the spring version only? Along with the Spring color being pink, Summer is green, Autumn is orange and Winter is brown. --frozenpandaman 17:38, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
I understand that we have a form changing template that updates monthly but can't we include the sprites of the other forms in the sprites section like Rotom? Also we really need a new method for form changing.. I have a couple ideas..
Also, I think it would be great if we had seperate articles for the formes.. it could work like this. Shikijika's Spring-form article could be name "Shikijika (Spring)" and summer could be "Shikijika (Summer)" etc. and then on the disambiguation page we could have a link to each form's page. Then the article "Shikijika (Pokémon)" could redirect to the disambiguation page since some people may not know that we are doing this and will search that. Anyone catching my drift? Or are there any better ideas? I just don't like the idea of waiting a month for the page to change.. --Landfish7 14:12, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Nope, I dun think so. The attacks, ability and types are the same for all 4 seasons. If it's juz for the artwork and sprites, I dun think there's a need to separate it into 4 pages. But, the sprites section should include all the formes, however, the evolution section should change with the month/season. --Ruixiang95 14:49, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
Does it change?
I was playing recently on White (import, not ROM, to save confusion). The season had changed to Autumn, so I decided to get out the Shikijika I caught in Summer to see what it looks like now. Only it looks the same. I took it out into battle and it looked exactly the same. I went back to where I caught it and encountered another one. The wild Shikijika was in Autumn Form, but mine was still in Summer. Is it possible that these keep the form they're caught in, rather than changing? I'll try and test stuff to see if I can figure out how it works, but obviously it's a slow process since seasons only change once a month. I levelled it up and that didn't cause the form to change. The only thing I can think of to try now is evolving it in Autumn and seeing if the evolution is in Autumn or Summer form.Darien Shields 07:41, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oops. After reloading the game, both Shikijiki were in Autumn form. I guess maybe they only change if they're in your party and you restart the game...? Darien Shields 08:06, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
The changing picture
It appears that this article is set to show the spring version of Shikijika in January, May and September, the summer version in February, June and October, the autumn version in March, July and November, and the winter version in April, August and December. I don't think that this makes much sense. It would be much better to make the spring version appear when it is actually spring, and so on. Team Rocket 21:19, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- It corresponds with the in-game seasons. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ 21:21, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
I noticed the majority of the page, Shikijika is named Deerling. Is that the official English name? Cause Bulbapedia hasn't changed it over to the English name yet.
- Yes. IGN just revealed a bunch of English names, Deerling being among them. Throughout the page I changed Shikijika to Deerling, because the page is about to be moved to that name. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 22:44, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- If it's confirmed, why article is still locked? --ЫъГЬ 19:13, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
The ones who want to see Deerling each season. Should that go here? PowerPlantRaichu 15:14, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think so. Do we have the horn maniac from FRLG listed on Heracross's page? --AndyPKMN (talk) 16:15, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
- Why shouldnt it be listed? Its quite relevant to the Pokémon. No one says that stuff accepted at the moment in previous generations is unyielding and closed to change, the Horn Maniac could easily be put into Heracross' article if this was deemed relevant. Expansion requires including more, not restricting because its not been done before. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 07:35, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
Breeding in Gen VI
While working on breeding for Dex completion in my Gen VI game, I noticed an odd occurrence. I obtained a (Spring) Sawsbuck from a Grass Friend Safari and bred a Deerling out of it. Despite it being February, the Deerling I hatched was Spring form. This form does not seem to change when I enter and exit a building. If possible, I would like to know if anyone has obtained a non Spring form Deerling in Gen VI without trading. Schiffy (瀬藤健二) (Talk Contribs) 16:49,2/5/2014 (UTC)
- The only way to get Autumn/Winter/Summer in the first place is to transfer them from GenV, but when you breed them in XY the egg is in the same form as its non ditto parent/mother.
Deerling stays in Spring Forme during Summer vacation in SMD. Is it worth trivia?
- I added that here instead thought that would be more appropriate. --Raltseye prata med mej 19:25, 8 July 2016 (UTC)