From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Slow Start
| Slow Start
| Generation VI
| Temporarily halves the Pokémon's Attack and Speed stats.
| Generation VII
| For five turns, the Pokémon's Attack and Speed stats are halved.
Slow Start (Japanese: スロースタート Slow Start) is an Ability introduced in Generation IV. It is the signature Ability of Regigigas.
|| This move effect may be in need of research. |
Reason: How the Ability functions in link battles between Japanese DP and other Generation IV games, effect in Pokémon Battle Revolution
You can discuss this on the talk page.
Slow Start causes the Attack stat and Speed stat to be halved during the first five turns in battle. This counter is reset if the Pokémon is switched out.
If this Ability is replaced due to a move like Skill Swap or Worry Seed or suppressed by Gastro Acid, the Pokémon's stats return to normal.
In the Japanese version of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, removing Slow Start does not undo the Attack and Speed drop; it must still wait five turns. This was changed in localized versions as well as in Pokémon Platinum.
Outside of battle
Slow Start has no effect outside of battle.
When the Pokémon enters a dungeon floor, its Movement Speed is reduced temporarily, but its Attack is not affected.
Pokémon with Slow Start
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
|| Slow Start
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! manga
In the Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl: Regigigas Major Capture Operation!! manga
In the Pocket Monsters Platinum: Aim to Be Battle King!! manga
- In Pokémon Rumble Blast, Regigigas has the Special Trait-equivalent of Slow Start: Slow-Starting. Instead of going into full strength after an amount of time, it has to defeat 10 Pokémon to go to full strength.
In other languages