From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Safra Sea (Japanese: サフラのうみ Safra Sea) is the sea to the south of Fiore in Pokémon Ranger. Once Lapras is befriended, it will allow Rangers to ride across the sea, allowing for travel between Fall City and Summerland.
The Safra Sea Floor is known as a place of secrets as it is largely unexplored. One route along the sea floor emerges in Panula Lake, at the entrance to Panula Cave.
MC Fisher runs the Marine Capture Challenge on an area of the sea near Summerland. The aim of the capture challenge is to capture as many Pokémon as possible in under three minutes. Points are earned depending on the rarity of each captured Pokémon. Poké Assists can not be used. Cameron is a frequent challenger and holds the initial high score of 3500.
This is a listing of the Pokémon found in the Marine Challenge, with their point values, and, if applicable, conditions that must be met for the Pokémon to appear.
- Psyduck - 1600 points (for Psyduck to appear, player must first capture 2 Starmie)
- Magikarp - 100 points
- Gyarados - 2300 points (for Gyarados to appear, player must first capture 5 Magikarp in the post-game)
- Horsea - 400 points
- Seadra - 800 points
- Goldeen - 300 points
- Seaking - 700 points (for Seaking to appear, player must first capture 2 Goldeen)
- Staryu - 200 points
- Starmie - 600 points (for Starmie to appear, player must first capture 2 Staryu)
- Remoraid - 200 points
- Octillery - 500 points
- Mantine - 1500 points (for Mantine to appear, player must first capture 2 Remoraid)
- Kingdra - 2300 points (for Kingdra to appear, player must first capture 2 Horsea)
- Pelipper - 2301 points (for Pelipper to appear, player must first beat the high score)
- Carvanha - 200 points
- Sharpedo - 400 points
- Wailmer - 2200 points (for Wailmer to appear, player must first capture 2 Seaking)
- Luvdisc - 700 points (for Luvdisc to appear, player must be at least 1 minute into the challenge)