From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Now You See Them, Now You Don't!
Hoshigumo Panic! A Sudden Teleport!!
|| October 12, 2017
| United States
|| March 25, 2018
|| Team Kato
|| 藤咲淳一 Jun'ichi Fujisaku
|| 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
| Assistant director
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Animation director
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Now You See Them, Now You Don't! (Japanese: ほしぐもパニック！テレポートは突然に！！ Hoshigumo Panic! A Sudden Teleport!!) is the 45th episode of the Sun & Moon series, and the 984th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on October 12, 2017, in New Zealand on March 1, 2018, in Canada on March 17, 2018, and in the United States on March 25, 2018.
The Pokémon School class is sculpting with clay today! But while our heroes muse about various Pokémon and places, they disappear one by one—first appearing at the scenes of their musings, then reappearing back at school! They soon realize Nebby had used Teleport to take them to the places and Pokémon they were thinking about.
Meanwhile, Team Rocket is determined to catch Nebby. They succeed, but thanks to Teleport, Bewear carries the trio off...and Nebby makes its way back to Ash—all by itself! After Ash and Pikachu visit the places the rest of the class saw earlier, one thing becomes obvious: Nebby is growing up!
Lillie writes in her diary the events of the previous episode. At Professor Kukui's house, Ash provides his Pokémon with breakfast before checking on Nebby. Ash and Professor Kukui head to the Pokémon School with Rowlet and Nebby in Ash's backpack. Team Rocket have set up their truck outside the school in an attempt to gain more customers, as Jessie finishes a call with Matori. Students pass them by but Ash runs up to the truck to buy the malasada when Team Rocket spot Nebby. Ash heads into school as James suspects Nebby is a pre-evolved form of Koffing which he names proto-Koffing and make plans to catch it. In the classroom, Ash and his classmates are working with clay to sculpt their partners. Their attempts start with mixed results as Nebby starts to Teleport them to various locations and back to the school. They soon work out what Nebby is doing as Nebby approaches Lillie only for Nebby to fall asleep.
Over lunch, the class discuss what happened and realize that they were sent to somewhere they were thinking of. Ash picks Nebby up which then starts crying and they attempt to make faces to calm it down but only Lillie succeeds. Nebby suddenly teleports Ash away to a Jigglypuff who starts singing, putting them to sleep. Back at the school, the others head out to search for Ash when he doesn't return. Jigglypuff stops singing and sees Ash asleep and in turn scribbles on their faces before leaving. Waking up, Nebby starts teleporting Ash to various places before remembering Team Rocket. Down on the beach, Jessie lets out her annoyance towards Matori before discussing plans to capture Nebby. Nebby teleports Ash to their location and they announce their plans to take Nebby as Jessie brings out Mimikyu. James comes up with a plan and they agree to fight fair as James and Meowth walk off with Wobbuffet.
Ash and Jessie square off against each other and a battle begins. After a few attacks, they start walking around in a circle where Ash finds himself blinded by the sun, allowing Team Rocket to capture Nebby. Team Rocket prepare themselves for the arrival of Bewear only for Nebby to teleport them to Bewear when Bewear doesn't appear. Bewear takes Team Rocket into its den. Nebby returns to Ash when it senses Ash calling to it. Nebby subsequently falls asleep as Ash is reunited with his classmates. Nebby soon wakes up and teleports everyone to the top of the school.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Jigglypuff
- Poké Problem: What is the move that Nebby will use in today's episode?
- Faba and Wicke narrate the preview for the next episode.
- Lillie replaces the narrator in the beginning of the episode.
- Jessie using the sunset to blind Ash in order for Meowth to steal Nebby is a reference to the battle between Jessie and James's Japanese namesakes, Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojirō, where Miyamoto used the sunset to blind Sasaki and strike him with his bokken.
- The episode's English dub title is a pun on the phrase "now you see me, now you don't".
- The episode's Polish dub title may be a reference to the 1982 song "Józek nie daruję Ci tej nocy" of the Polish pop-rock band Bajm.
- When Sophocles jokingly says his "sculpture" is a Charjabug, Mallow is shown to be in the middle of sculpting while Steenee is posing for her. Moments later, Mallow hasn't even started sculpting yet and Steenee is not yet doing the pose she was doing earlier.
- After the head of Kiawe's sculpture of Turtonator droops, its back-mounted spikes disappear when the camera moves back.
In other languages
| Mandarin Chinese
|| Teď je vidíš, teď zas ne!
|| Pist væk og tilbage igen!
|| Zo zie je ze, en zo zijn ze weer weg!
| European French
|| Cache-cache Pokémon !
|| Hier, da, dort!
|| !נראים ונעלמים
|| Vedo, non vedo!
|| 별구름 대소동! 순간이동은 갑자기!!
|| Nå ser du dem, nå ser du dem ikke!
|| Pojawiam się i znikam!
|| Cadê? Sumiu!
|| Agora vemos, agora não!
|| Появление и исчезновение!
|| Latin America
|| ¡Ahora lo ves, ahora no lo ves!
|| ¡Ahora lo ves, ahora no!
|| Från En Plats Till En Annan!
|| โฮชิกุโมะตกใจ! พลังจิตเคลื่อนย้ายกะทันหัน!!
|| Bir Yerde, Bir Gökte!