From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Lights! Camera! Pika!
| ピカチュウはスター！？ 映画デビュー！！|
How to ピカチュウ・ザ・ムービー！よーい！アクション！！
Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!!
How to Pikachu The Movie! OK! Action!!
The Lightning-fast Hero! Super Pikachu!!
Pikachu's Shocking Bloopers
|| June 18, 2015
| United States
|| November 21, 2015
|| Team Kato
|| 園田英樹 Hideki Sonoda
|| 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
| Assistant director
|| 前園文夫 Fumio Maezono
| Animation directors
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| 内田裕 Yū Uchida
| 斉藤圭太 Keita Saitō
| 中村路之将 Michinosuke Nakamura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Lights! Camera! Pika! / How to Make a Pikachu Movie: Ready...Action! / Lightning Fast! Brave and Strong! Super-Pikachu! / The Very Best of Super-Pikachu's Back-Slapping Bloopers! (Japanese: ピカチュウはスター！？ 映画デビュー！！・How to ピカチュウ・ザ・ムービー！よーい！アクション！！・迅雷のヒーロー！スーパーピカチュウ！！・ピカチュウのドキドキNG大賞 Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!! / How to Pikachu The Movie! OK! Action!! / The Lightning-fast Hero! Super Pikachu!! / Pikachu's Shocking Bloopers) is the 78th episode of the XY series, and the 877th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on June 18, 2015 as a one-hour special alongside XY077, in Canada on November 14, 2015 alongside Hoopa — The Mischief Pokémon and Hoopa and the Clash of Ages, and in the United States on November 21, 2015.
During their journey across the Kalos region, our heroes are surprised to come across the largest group of Pikachu they’ve ever seen! It turns out that these Pikachu live on the sprawling estate of Frank, a film director who adores Pikachu.
Frank has long dreamed of making a blockbuster movie about a group of Pikachu living in Pikachuland, who must defend their town against the evil Pikachu Libre! Super Pikachu will save the day, and Frank wants Ash’s Pikachu to play the part of the beloved superhero.
Our heroes want to take part in the production, too, so they participate in every aspect of making the film: script writing, voice acting, even costumes and makeup. When everything is finished, it’s clear that the action-packed movie—complete with a blooper reel and a behind-the-scenes documentary filmed by Serena—is a resounding success!
Pikachu Libre and its gang have captured Pikachu Belle and Pikachu Pop Star. Ash's Pikachu, dressed up as a superhero, is facing the gang. Ash, out of screen, then shouts to Pikachu to not give up. Serena quickly hushes Ash to stay quiet, but it is already too late, and the voice of another man cuts the scene.
The episode then cuts back in time with Ash and his friends walking through a forest, observing a town full of Pikachu dancing in a circle. Ash, Pikachu and the rest decide to check out what it is all about. Ash's Pikachu races towards the site and runs up a tower, greeting the other Pikachu from up there. Frank, seeing Pikachu, marvels at Pikachu's star power. Frank then approaches Ash, and asks Ash to allow his Pikachu to star in his next Pikachu movie.
Ash and the group are then invited to Pikachu Manor, Frank's estate, which is filled with Pikachu decorations. There, Frank introduces himself as a Pikachu-lover, and Jean, his granddaughter, also introduces herself as Frank's assistant. Frank thanks the group for allowing Pikachu to star in his movie, and Ash and the group ask Frank whether they could also help with the movie, which Frank accepts. Frank then introduces his five cosplay Pikachu to the group, and also shows them the movie's script. Clemont, looking at the script, finds that it is unfinished, but Frank comments that he has already planned out the plot for the movie. Clemont then decides to get his 'Clemontic brain' on to complete the script with Frank.
At night, Jean explains Frank's love for Pikachu beginning from his childhood, having had a Pikachu by his side from long ago.
The next day, the scene is being set with the help of Gurdurr holding the microphone, Heliolisk, Magnemite, and Swirlix providing light, Braixen and Torkoal providing fire and smoke, Weezing providing the mist for the movie, and the other Pikachu prodviding electricity for the movie. The production begins with Pikachu Libre's gang having captured Pikachu Belle and Pikachu Pop Star, and Ash's Pikachu dressed up as a superhero. Meanwhile, Serena begins filming the behind-the-scene shots. Filming Ash, Ash explains to her that the next scene could be a bit dangerous for Pikachu. Therefore, Hawlucha would instead take the place as a stunt double while wearing a Pikachu costume. This scene begins with the disguised Hawlucha jumping down from a ledge. Pikachu, hiding behind a rock takes over and runs forward. Frank then cuts the scene commenting that it was perfect.
During lunch, everyone is having a break. Serena films and interviews Frank, who mentions his times with Pikachu, and his desire to share these emotions with children around the world through his movies.
In the afternoon, the filming finishes with Pikachu flying off into the sunset with the help of a wire. Post-production then begins into the night, including scene editing and sound addition. While Clemont helps with editing, Ash, Serena, and Bonnie help by lending their voices to the movie. Sometime later, the movie is complete and the group along with all the Pokémon sit and enjoy to watch the movie preview.
The movie opens with many Pikachu dancing around in the town. The scene is interrupted by Pikachu Libre and its gang, and despite Pikachu Rock Star and Pikachu, Ph. D's attempts to stop them, they are thwarted by Pikachu Libre. Super Pikachu (Ash's Pikachu) then enters and defeats the gang. However, the gang are still able to capture Pikachu Belle and Pikachu Pop Star before challenging Super Pikachu to come to the nearby mountain by itself. Despite being injured, Super Pikachu flies off to chase the gang. At the mountain, Super Pikachu begins to fight Pikachu Libre's gang. Super Pikachu becomes severely injured and Pikachu Libre and its gang begin to finish off Super Pikachu. However, their attacks are blocked by Pikachu who have arrived from the town. The Pikachu then gather forces to attack Pikachu Libre's gang who then blast off.
As the movie finishes, everyone claps and rejoices over the movie. The episode then ends with bloopers and behind-the-scene shots of the movie.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
The Ikue Ohtani and Yūki Kaji lookalikes
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Holo Caster: Pikachu
- This is a repeat Holo Caster from XY001, with Hoopa added in.
- The English title of this episode is derived from the saying Lights, Camera, Action!
- The woman who appears in the sound booth bears a striking resemblance to Ikue Ohtani, the voice actress for Ash's Pikachu.
- Furthermore, the woman is seen recording lines for Super Pikachu, which Ikue Ohtani herself voices in this episode.
- The man recording next to her seems to be a Yūki Kaji lookalike. However, Yūki Kaji does not voice any character besides Clemont in this episode.
- This episode contains a parody of the MGM logo, with Pikachu in place of Leo the Lion and a Poké Ball underneath it.
- The outfits worn by Pikachu Libre's minions in the movie resembled the outfits of the Shocker Combatmen from Kamen Rider.
- This episode marks the first appearance of a Weezing in the anime since James released his.
- At the end of the dubbed version of the episode, Ash and his friends say, "That's all, folks!" This is a reference to the text present at the end of the Looney Tunes cartoons.
- Out of the titles of the four parts of this episode, only the first is read by Ash, while the other three are read by Frank.
- Mad-Paced Getter is used as an insert song in this episode.
- In this episode, there is no Who's That Pokémon? (for the first time since Memories are Made of Bliss!) and Pokémon Quiz segment.
- Unlike in Seeking Shelter from the Storm!, the English dub uses the same stylized title cards as the Japanese version.
- This episode is placed after A Frolicking Find in the Flowers! on Pokémon TV. The reason is that it aired later, on November 21, 2015.
- This is the first episode to use music from Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction and its accompanying short, Pikachu, What's This Key?.
The stylized title cards of this episode in the Japanese version
The stylized title cards of this episode in the English version
- When watching the episode on Pokémon TV, the episode abruptly ends at 15 minutes and 3 seconds. The reason for this is unknown.
- During several scenes in the episode, some female Pikachu do not have the heart-shaped black spot at the end of their tails.
- When Frank states "It's a wrap!", Ash and his friends are shown to his left and Jean behind the camera on his right, though a moment later as it shows an overhead shot of the area, Ash and his friends are no longer there.
In other languages
|| Lys! Kamera! Pika!|
Sådan laver man en Pikachu-film! Er I klar? Værsgo.
Lynende hurtig! Modig og stærk! Super Pikachu!
Nu skall vi se det allerbedste af Super Pikachus pika-grinagtige fraklip.
|| Licht! Camera! Pika!|
Hoe je een Pikachu film maakt: Klaar... Actie!*/Zo maak je een Pikachu film: Klaar... Actie!*
Bliksemsnel! Moedig en sterk! Super Pikachu!
En hier zijn de beste en grappigste bloopers uit Super Pikachu!*/De allerbeste, hilarische bloopers van Super Pikachu!*
|| Valot! Kamera! Pika!|
Kuinka tehdä Pikachu-elokuva: Valmiina... Käy!
Salamannopea! Urhea ja vahva! Super-Pikachu!
Super-Pikachu-elokuvan parhaat pilalle menneet otokset!
|| Licht! Kamera! Pika!|
Wie macht man einen Pikachu-Film: Achtung, fertig ... Action!
Rasant schnell! Tapfer und stark! Super-Pikachu!
Super-Pikachus lustigste Versprecher!
|| Luci! Motore! Pika!|
Come realizzare un film di Pikachu: Pronti... Azione!*
È veloce come il lampo! È forte e corragioso! È Super Pikachu!
Il meglio delle papere di Super Pikachu!*
|| 피카츄는 스타!? 영화 데뷔!|
하우 투 피카츄 더무비! 레디~ 액션!!
빠른 번개의 영웅! 슈퍼 피카츄!!
피카츄의 두근두근 NG 대상
|| Lys! Kamera! Pika!|
Hvordan lage en Pikachu-film! Klare? Vær så god!
Modig og sterk! Super Pikachu!
Nå kommer det beste av Pikachus hysteriske bommerter!
|| Światła! Kamera! Pika!*/Światła! Kamera! Pikachu!*|
Jak nakręcić film o Pikachu: Gotowi... Akcja!
Szybki jak błyskawica! Dzielny i silny! Super-Pikachu!
Najlepsze scenki i śmieszne wpadki z filmu Super-Pikachu!
|| Luzes! Câmera! Pikachu!|
Como Fazer um Filme de Pikachu: Prontos... Ação!
Rápido e Rasteiro! Bravo e Forte! Super-Pikachu!
Os Mais Divertidos Micos de Gravação de Super-Pikachu!
|| Luzes! Câmara! Pika!|
Como Fazer um Filme à Pikachu: Preparar... Ação!
Muito Rápido! Corajoso e Forte! Super-Pikachu!
As Melhores Gafes do Super-Pikachu no Grande Ecrã!
|| Свет! Камера! Пика!|
Как сделать мультик о Пикачу: Готовы... Мотор!*/Как снять мультик о Пикачу: Готовы... Мотор!*
Быстрый, как молния! Отважный и сильный! Супер Пикачу!
Самые лучшие неудавшиеся дубли с участием Супер-Пикачу!*/А теперь самые лучшие неудавшиеся дубли с участием Супер-Пикачу!*
|| Latin America
|| ¡Luces! ¡Cámara! Pika!|
¡Cómo hacer la película de Pikachu! ¡Listos! ¡¡Acción!!
¡Veloz como un rayo! ¡Fuerte y Valiente! ¡¡Súper Pikachu!!
¡Ya hora lo mejoradas entonces sí estas bloopers de Súper Pikachu!
|| ¡Luces, Cámara y Pika-acción!|
¡Cómo se Hace una Película de Pikachu: ¡Preparados! ¡¡Acción!!
Super-Pikachu: ¡Fuerte, Valiente y Rápido como el Rayo!
¡A Reírse con las Tomas Falsas!
|| Ljus! Kamera! Pika!|
Såhär gör man en Pikachu-film! Är alla beredda? Varsågod!
Blixtsnabb! Modig och stark! Super Pikachu!
Och nu till Super Pikachus bästa och mest uppskattade filmtabbar!*/Och nu till Super Pikachu bästa och mest uppskattade filmtabbar!*
|| ปิกาจูคือดารา!? การเปิดตัวครั้งแรกในภาพยนตร์!!|
How to ปิกาจูเดอะมูฟวี่! เอาล่ะนะ! แอ็คชั่น!!
รางวัล NG อันน่าตื่นเต้นของปิกาจู
|| Işık! Kamera! Pika!