Check the Bulbagarden home page for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in the Bulbagarden Discord server.
Bulbapedia talk:Project Manga
This is the talk page for Bulbapedia's manga Project.
Italicised manga titles
I actually brought this up recently on Project Games' talk page, but I'd like to bring it up here too because it applies to the manga as well. In a formal context (which Bulbapedia is), titles should be italicised, so they should look like The Electric Tale of Pikachu and Pokémon Adventures instead of The Electric Tale of Pikachu and Pokémon Adventures respectively. Bulbapedia is so inconsistent with italicisng media titles (all anime titles are italicsed, as well as links to movies, tv shows, and books that are mentioned in trivia sections of various pages, but our games and manga-related titles aren't) and I'm trying to bring out consistency across the wiki. —★レシイラムtalk 07:07, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
Pokémon Adventures Moves, Items and Places
I was browsing through the website the other day, and thought to myself "I should start adding all the Items, Places and Pokémon Moves present in each of the chapters.
I did, but then it got removed (which I totally understand why).
So here I am, officially asking:
Does anyone approves the idea of adding these things to the manga chapters? MannedTooth (talk) 08:07, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- I think moves might be neat. Places too, but arguably that's already taken care of in the infobox in the top-right of the page.
- Items...just seems pretty trivial to me. But IDK, maybe it could be alright too. Tiddlywinks (talk) 08:14, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- Here's my personnal point of view on every type of content (please don't take my word too seriously, I am very unexperimented here):
- They are most of the time specified when a trainer ask his Pokémon to do so. Sometimes, when a wild Pokémon is fighting, no moves are announced.
- For example: in Pokémon Adventures Volume 1 Chapter 1 (PS001), a wild Mew attacks and damages Red's Poliwhirl. I had to go through all of Mew's moves, I,ve come to the conclusion that only Psychic could be the one since it's the only Gen 1 (Red's time) that deals damage. Is it too far-fetched in assumption? If yes, what should we do? Mention that it's most-lileky an electric move due to the sparks or not mention anything? After all, the Pokémon did attack.
- They are in fact trivial, but picture this, you are looking at a random chapter, in this very same chapter you see that a Master Ball was used (or shown). This can be a major information. (just my opinion)
- Maybe it would be better to mention the chapter in the item's pages maybe? I don't know.
- The main place of the chapter is written in the infobox, that's true, but there's often more that only one place. Pokémon Adventures Volume 1 Chapter 1 (PS001) takes place in Pallet Town, but also in the forest around it, which is cannonly mentionned in the manga itself.
- Anyway, these were my thoughts on the subject. Let me know what you guys think. :) MannedTooth (talk) 08:32, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
Adventures' character ages.
I think we should add ages from past chapters, like we show ages from past games.
For example, Red's page would show:
11 (as of the first chapter)
13 (as of the second chapter)
14 (as of the third chapter)
16 (as of the fifth and the sixth chapter)
20 (as of the thirteenth chapter)