From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Levitate (Japanese: ふゆう Floating) is an ability introduced in Generation III. Thirty-three Pokémon have this ability naturally, most of them either Psychic- or Template:Type2s.
Levitate renders the user immune to Template:Type2 moves, Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Arena Trap.
Outside of battle
Levitate has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Levitate
In the anime
- Many non-Flying-type Pokémon that have been seen to be capable of floating or flying, such as Jirachi, cannot have this ability.
- Shedinja also cannot have this ability; however, its Wonder Guard ability gives it immunity to Ground-type moves. Shedinja is still affected by Arena Trap and vulnerable to fainting from Spikes and Toxic Spikes due to its 1 HP.
- Despite the fact that its Generation IV description says that it gives full immunity to all Template:Type2 moves, Pokémon with Levitate are affected by Sand-Attack.
- Even if a levitating Pokémon uses Dig, Levitate still makes Earthquake and Magnitude miss.
- Origin Forme Giratina is the only Pokémon with Levitate as its sole ability that possesses a hidden ability besides Levitate.
- Fan Rotom is the only Pokémon with this ability to be naturally immune to Ground-type moves due to being Flying-type.*
In other languages
- French: Lévitation
- German: Schwebe
- Greek: Αιώρηση
- Italian: Levitazione
- Portuguese: Levitação
- Spanish: Levitación