From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| The Complete Pokémon Pocket Guide
|| October 14, 2008
The Complete Pokémon Pocket Guide is a guide published by VIZ Media. It contains information on all 491 Pokémon revealed to date (excluding Shaymin and Arceus whose entries appear on a double-sided poster included the box set), which, however, are included as a poster in re-print. Each Pokémon's page has an illustration, a description, a list of some of the moves it may possess, special abilities, and any evolutions that it may have. It is split into two volumes: volume one covers the first 245 Pokémon (Bulbasaur to Suicune) and the rest are in volume two (Larvitar to Darkrai). Volume 1 is 248 pages in length, and Volume 2 is 251 pages in length.
VIZ Media reprinted these books individually on January 10, 2017, and in a box set on February 14, 2017.
The complete guide to all 491 Pokémon, including the new Diamond and Pearl generation! Fully illustrated and totally comprehensive, this two-volume set features one Pokémon per page, providing full-color pictures, descriptions and stats, including Abilities, Moves and Evolution. Portable, practical and bursting with information, this pocket guide is all you need to catch 'em all!
- There is information in this book not seen in other sources, such as saying Infernape's flames cannot be extinguished as long as it is alive.
- Remoraid's page features artwork of Mantine as one of the pictures for Remoraid.
- The cover of both books read From Abra to Zubat, however, Abomasnow comes before Abra alphabetically.
- On Wigglytuff's description, the move DoubleSlap is misspelled as 'Doubleslap'.
- On Voltorb's description, Poké Ball is misspelled as 'Pokéball'.
- On Mr. Mime's description, the move DoubleSlap is misspelled as 'Doubleslap'.
- On Scyther's description, Scyther is incorrectly pluralized as 'Scythers'.
- On Pinsir's "Special Moves" section, no actual moves are listed; instead only its name, Pinsir, is displayed.
- On Xatu's description, it mistakenly refers to Xatu as Natu, its pre-evolution's name, in the first sentence.
- On Azumarill's description, it can be presumed that when 'i's' is written, the term 'it's' was meant.
- Farfetch'd's weight is incorrectly typed as 133.1 pounds. Its actual weight is 33.1 pounds.
- On Marowak's page, its height and weight is the same as Cubone's. This is incorrect, as Marowak's actual height is 3' 3" and its actual weight is 99.2 pounds.
- Swampert's weight is listed in the book as 14.3 pounds, but Swampert's weight is actually 180.6 pounds.
- On Aggron's description, it mistakenly refers to Aggron as Aron, its pre-evolution's name, in the second sentence.
- Groudon's weight is listed as Drought, its Ability.
- One of the pictures of Marshtomp shows its back as being purple.
- Claydol is listed as a Water and Psychic-type.
- On Weavile's description, the phrase "each other" is mistakenly written backwards as "other each".
- On Electivire's page, Electabuzz is highlighted in the evolution line when Electivire should have been highlighted.