From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Pokémon Alola Region Handbook is an edition of The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published by Scholastic on July 25, 2017. It serves as an updated version of the The Official Pokémon Handbook, containing entries for over 250 Pokémon from the Alola regional Pokédex, including Magearna. The book is 192 pages long.
- Meet the Pokémon
- of Alola!
- Welcome to Alola! Inside this book you'll discover
- all the data you need to know as you explore this
- beautiful new region and encounter its unique
- You'll find:
- Stats on over 250 Pokémon, from Araquanid to
- Insider info on moves, types, and Evolutions
- Facts and figures on all the all-new Alolan forms''
- It's everything you need to know
- about the Pokémon of Alola!
The entries for each Pokémon are in an easy-to-read page setup. Each Pokémon has either an entire page to itself, or shares a page with another Pokémon. The Pokémon's name is at the top of the entry, with the category written underneath it.
Each Pokémon has the following stats below its name:
- How to say it
- Imperial Height
- Metric Height
- Metric Weight
- Possible Moves (moves the Pokémon will learn by leveling up)
- Description (based on its Pokédex entry)
Image and other information
Each Pokémon has an anime-style picture on its page. Legendary, Mythical Pokémon and Ultra Beasts are labelled as such next to their picture.
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family. Pokémon that do not evolve instead have the words "Does not evolve". A Pokémon that is on one side of a branched evolution will show itself, and the Pokémon it evolved from, but not the other side of the branch. Any evolutions or pre-evolutions introduced in later generations are not included. Mega Evolutions are not included.
- Lycanroc's entry separately lists the moves that the Midday and Midnight forms learn exclusively.
- Vikavolt's category is listed as the Levitate Pokémon instead of the Stag Beetle Pokémon.