Talk:List of references to popular culture in Pokémon
So, this page is essentially the opposite of List of references to Pokémon in popular culture. However, this needs to be clear references, not "might be a reference". Pokémon origins should not be placed here unless they are officially confirmed to be a reference to the claimed thing. References to the real world go on Pokémon world in relation to the real world. Pulseman references go on List of references to Pulseman. This page should be reserved for references to other works of fiction, so referencing sports teams still belongs on "Pokémon world in relation to the real world", but song titles are still fine here. References within Super Smash Bros. games and Pokémon Conquest do not count.
Having said all that, the whole reason for me making this in my userspace first is because I don't know many right away, but I know that there are a lot that I don't know about or simply can't find quickly, so it would be great if everyone could help out. Even anime episode titles count. --SnorlaxMonster 14:10, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Now it's mainspace, so my rules no longer apply, but I think they are still reasonable. If you object to them, please put it on the talk page. --SnorlaxMonster 15:53, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there is a cabinet in Room 4 with broken glass in front of it. The message given when investigating the glass is "These shelves look like they might fall apart at any moment. There's an old game system with two screens... Something about it is different from the system you have..." I have a few theories:
- The game is referencing the Game & Watch, of which some versions had a dual-screen design like the 3DS.
- The game is referencing a Nintendo DS or DS lite, since the game simply says "something". It could be a DSi or DSi XL, but I doubt it.
- Along with one of the other two theories, the PokéNav Plus has only one screen, meaning that the game is probably breaking the fourth wall by referring to the system that you, the player (not the player character) have.
- Room 4 of what? Game Freak's never done anything with the Game & Watch line of console/games, so that's not likely.glikglak 00:05, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
South Park reference?
I forget which specific trainer it was, but I remember in B2W2 in Pinwheel Forest, there was a teacher who says that she often has to yell at her students to "sit down and shut up". I'm pretty sure this was a reference to the bus driver in early seasons of South Park. Morgil (talk) 05:27, 22 August 2015 (UTC)