- 1 Emotionlessness
- 2 Pluto?
- 3 Move
- 4 Sooo.... when shall we mention his bio in Pokemon Platinum?
- 5 Splitting hairs...
- 6 How
- 7 complete and utter irony
- 8 Trivia about the red chain
- 9 Age?
- 10 Grandfather?
- 11 speech
- 12 DP150's Dialga & Palkia
- 13 Heart Gold & Soul Silver
- 14 E Sound
- 15 Gyarados King's Rock
- 16 Using Deity/Deities derived terms when speaking generically
- 17 Membership in Team Rainbow Rocket
I'd heard somewhere that Cyrus was emotionless after he touched one of the lake legendaries (i cant remember which one takes emotion) in his early teens, but i didn't want to add it just in case i heard wrong. has anyone heard similar stories?
- That was never stated in the game, and according to those old people in Sunyshore, he was withdrawn since childhood anyway.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 23:45, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
And if Cyrus is emotionless, why does he have a Crobat during the last time you battle him? A Golbat needs to be very happy with it's trainer before it can evolve.--Pokencyclopedia 21:20, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- Just because Crobat likes him doesn't mean he likes Crobat. He could have just pretended to like Golbat so that it would evolve. Shiny?! 21:21, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- You know, that actually sounds like something Cyrus would do. Give a Pokémon drugs.
- ... I just hope his Crobat doesn't become a druggie. XD; Tina☆♥♫ 18:20, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- I need that Carbos, man! TTEchidnaGSDS! 23:33, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
- Well, he DOES operate from right in Veilstone...and he has big buildings and TV ads, so why shouldn't he have the money to buy lots of Carbos and Protein? TorchicBlaziken (talk•edits) 17:46, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
The rules for the player's Pokémon don't seem to apply to NPCs, whether it's for moves, evolution, or any of that stuff. There could be a Pokémon that would go on an unstoppable killing spree and destroy the world if it was owned by anything other than a magenta-haired teenage girl who lived at the bottom of the ocean; I guarantee that you'd find that thing, happier and more peaceful than you could possibly imagine, in the posession of a bald, middle-aged man living near the peak of Mt. Coronet. Diachronos 07:31, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
Could someone explain who Pluto is? I don't remember anyone called Pluto. --Pokelova 21:37, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Pluto is the new Team Galactic prof. in Platinum.User:Ultamatecharizard
- The other Cyrus isn't nearly as important to create a disambig. Barely anyone knows about that Cyrus. I'd like to avoid disambiguation if possible. --ケンジのガール 06:20, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Sooo.... when shall we mention his bio in Pokemon Platinum?
Weedle Mchairybug 23:11, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree. But...um. What are we going to say the theme naming is? Professionally, we really shouldn't say planet..."heavenly bodies considered planets before the 2006 reclassification" is kind of unwieldy, but I guess it works.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 03:55, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
I just thinking that Honchkrow being a Dark/Flying type, How it can learn a Fire-type Attack (except Hidden Power)??? so I better remove that. I will still Continue Searching in Youtube and Find about the last move that it used--chungkingpunノ15:22, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- No, it's definitely Heat Wave, which Honchcrow isn't supposed to learn. That cheater. -- Umbee 02:54, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- The Japanese name for Heat Wave is Hot Wind, meaning anything that can use heat or wind can (supposedly) use it. Not everything CAN, but apparently they have the potential to. Other Pokémon that can learn it are Pigeot, Staraptor, Chatot, Togekiss, Magmortar, Vulpix, and Charizard. Get it?--Chaos Theory 20:04, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
complete and utter irony
did anyone notice that this Cyrus is cuckoo evil and the other one is like really happy and mellow ,now who here thinks that is good trivia?Ultamatecharizard 00:17, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- "The other one"?--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 05:05, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- I think he means the anime one. I think. --PsychicRider☮ 05:06, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- Anime Cyrus is just more calculating for plot reasons. He'll show his cuckoo evil side soon. TTEchidna 05:52, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- I think he means the anime one. I think. --PsychicRider☮ 05:06, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Trivia about the red chain
Were in the game did it ever say cyrus made the red chain by using the lake trios gems? I always thought he made it out of there energy or something.Darkmaster0 03:29, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Remember when Team Galactic captured the Lake Trio and took them back to the HQ in Veilstone City. And then you had to verse Cyrus to rescue them.--Clarky13 03:41, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
In Platinum, after Cyrus's revolutionary speech, Looker comments. "Quite a performance, no? Mesmerizing for one only 27 years old.". I don't really get whether he was talking about Cyrus's age or his own age. To be honest, they both look older than that in my opinion. --Maxim 12:46, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- In that context, he's referring to Cyrus's age. --The Great Butler 01:00, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
Yeah someone probably mentioned this somewhere. I just want to know if we could add that Cyrus has a grandfather under "Relatives". He's on Route 228 in Platinum. Though he doesn't mention Cyrus by name, it's pretty obvious he's talking about him. I mean, we say Silver is Giovanni's son despite not it being specifically stated in the games, though confirmed in manga. --ケンジのガール 07:32, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
I have no idea how to use a wiki, so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong. Anyway, I was wondering if someone could add his Cyrus' speech from Platinum? It'd be greatly appreciated. --PlanetWalker 10:55, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- What benefit would having his speech here offer? And where would it go? EDIT-I see we have quotes from him...but I think adding his speed is too much. -Sketch 11:01, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well, it would probably make the pre-battle quote understandable, as people would get confused with what the speech is. Weedle Mchairybug 11:04, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
DP150's Dialga & Palkia
Are these 2 the same Dialga & Palkia from the movies? I ask because when I hover over Dialga & Palkia, it redirects me to the Dialga(Anime) & Palkia(Anime). User:BAC510, 00:12 10, October 2009 (UTC)
- We don't know yet. They may be, and yet they may not be. If the Dialga and Palkia in this episode seem to actually recognize Ash, Dawn, or Brock, then they are the same. But if they don't recognize them, then they AREN'T the same ones as the ones in the DP trilogy. I'll try to remove the redirect. Weedle Mchairybug 01:39, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
Heart Gold & Soul Silver
- Maybe you confused him with Giovanni?----無限の知性 ◎ ＤＥＮＮＯＵ◆ＺＥＮＳＨＩ 10:20, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- No, I'm more than sure, I've battle it some time behind and even GCPM11 posted it on YouTube. He appears in Ecruteak City in the front of the Gym and he talks to the player that the Team Galactic maybe will rise again in Johto, and when he loses he states that he losed again to another kid. He has an Honchkrow, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Mightyena, Gyarados and Weavile. - unsigned comment from MickBooterhood (talk • contribs)
I think that that bit in the Trivia should be removed as it is outdated as of the release of Black and White, since N's name isn't pronounced with an e sound at the end, obviously. Ghetisis' name isn't pronounced with an "e" as well. Bolter1 02:58, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
Gyarados King's Rock
I was playing Pokemon Platinum today and have to doubt that Gyarados in the third battle is holding a Quick Claw but is in fact holding a King's Rock since it used Waterfall and Gardevoir flinched twice. Can anyone else check to verify it is a King's Rock and not a Quick Claw? Frozen Fennec 01:45, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
Using Deity/Deities derived terms when speaking generically
What is wrong with using deity/deities or derived terms when speaking generically (no gender connotations that is)?
Membership in Team Rainbow Rocket
Considering that at the end of the Distortion World part of Platinum, Cyrus stays, would his membership in Team Rainbow Rocket indicate that he actually escaped, or should we operate on the assumption that, due to USUM acting on a different timeline, Cyrus never ended up in the Distortion World?--Pokemon26 (talk) 19:17, 2 November 2017 (UTC)
- We should not assume one way or the other. We don't know what will be revealed. But if I may briefly speak in terms of speculation, alleged leaks have suggested these team leaders have come through Ultra Wormholes from alternate universes where they won. If — IF — that turns out to be true, then that would mean this Cyrus is not the same as the Cyrus from DPPt. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 19:34, 2 November 2017 (UTC)