The Metal type (Japanese: 鋼 Steel) is one of the eleven TCG types. It is represented by the color silver, and symbolized by a gear or bolt.
The Metal type was introduced in the Neo Genesis set, along with the Darkness type, when the Steel and Dark types were added upon Pokémon Gold and Silver's release. Prior to this, there were no Metal type cards (while Magnemite and Magneton currently can be Metal types, they were previously exclusively Lightning types).
Like the Darkness type, the Metal type has its own Special Energy, Metal Energy. This type of energy affects only Metal type Pokémon, and allowed damage done to it to be reduced by 10. There was no basic Metal Energy card until the Diamond & Pearl set when one was finally released.
Generally, Metal Pokémon have a weakness to:
Generally, Metal Pokémon have a resistance to:
- Grass (between the Neo Genesis and EX Power Keepers expansions, and from the Sword & Shield expansion onwards)
- Psychic (between the Diamond & Pearl and Cosmic Eclipse expansions)
These types are generally weak to Metal Pokémon:
- Water, if the corresponding Pokémon in the games is an Ice-type
- Psychic, if the corresponding Pokemon in the games is a Fairy-type
These types are generally resistant to Metal Pokémon:
- Lightning (between the EX Ruby & Sapphire and Call of Legends expansions, and between the XY and Cosmic Eclipse expansions)
Metal Pokémon in the TCG
See Category:Metal-type Pokémon cards for all Pokémon cards that have this type.
In other languages
|This article is part of Project TCG, a Bulbapedia project that aims to report on every aspect of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.|