From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (Japanese: 破壊の繭とディアンシー The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie) is the manga adaptation of the movie of the same name. It is adapted by 北村謙次 Kenji Kitamura.
Differences between the anime and the manga
- Argus and Millis's last name is never mentioned in the manga.
- The battle between Ash and Astrid is notably shortened in the manga, only having Ash's Hawlucha face Astrid's Mega Absol.
- The bus and shooting star scenes are notably shortened in the manga, only noted in a few panels on one page.
- In the manga, the shopping mall scene is notably shorter than in the movie, cutting out the parts where Serena, Bonnie, and Diancie go shopping, as well as leaving out Clemont's Clemontic Gear. Instead, the manga only features the Carbink appearing and Ash using Hawlucha to save Diancie.
- In the manga, shortly before Yveltal's awakening, Pikachu tries to attack Millis' Chesnaught, but gets blocked by Spiky Shield. This brief scene doesn't occur in the movie.
- In the movie, when Yveltal is about to attack Argus and Millis, Millis's Chesnaught blocks Yveltal's Hyper Beam with Pin Missile, and the shockwave forces them to land. In the manga, Argus and Millis instead have their Doublade and Aegislash attack Yveltal with Flash Cannon, but the attacks don't work, and Yveltal shoots them down with Hyper Beam.
- In the manga, when Yveltal is attacking the group, multiple Carbink rise from the ground and form a wall to protect Diancie. In the movie, Merrick, Bort, Allotrope, and Dace are the only Carbink seen in this scene.