From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Charizard, Go! by Tracey West is the sixth book of the adaption of the Pokémon anime. This book was published by Scholastic.
This book mostly follows the plot of the anime episode Friend and Foe Alike. It has flashbacks from Charmander - the Stray Pokémon when Ash first meets his Charmander, along with many from adventures they had together on the way to the Pokémon League. Some included are The Problem with Paras when they meet Cassandra and her Paras after Charmander evolves into Charmeleon, Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon when Charmeleon evolves into Charizard, along with Riddle Me This and Volcanic Panic when Ash battles Blaine and wins his Volcano Badge. It ends with Ash losing the Pokémon League battle against Ritchie.
It is the biggest Pokémon competition of Ash's life. And he doesn't want to lose. Fire fights Fire, but can Ash trust Charizard to battle for him?
Ash raised Charizard from a stray Charmander - but Charizard is stubborn and never listens to Ash. When the competition heats up, will Charizard come through for Ash?
- Ash loses his battle against Ritchie in the Pokémon League.
- Ritchie's name is spelled without the "t", making it Richie.
- Sparky, Ritchie's Pikachu, is named Leon in this adaptation.
- Misty calls out Starmie, but Staryu is the one actually used.
- Ritchie tells Zippo to use Fire Blast, but the flame's description is that of a Flamethrower.
In other languages