Exactly /how much/, percentage wise, do the Golden Mask and Amber Tear raise the recruitment rate? -- Umbee 21:03, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- According to someone in GameFAQs(http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=938931&topic=43375308), it's 24%. IMHO, 24 is a bit too random, even in terms of binary data, so it's probably 25 instead. I have no actual confirmation, though... -- Professional Mole (Talk here) 00:17, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- Flash news! The 16th reply on (http://www.cheatsguru.com/nds/pokemon_mystery_dungeon_2_time_and_darkness_exploration_team/questions/1434562/) says it raises the recruitment rate by 25%, compared to 24% of increase when your Pokémon is at level 100. BTW, we do need more info on formulas and et cetera here... -- Professional Mole (Talk here) 00:25, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- 1 Legendary
- 2 Recruitment rate question
- 3 Limit
- 4 AmberTear/SevenTreasures/GoldenMask Issue
- 5 Do the sacred treasures work on Kecleon?
- 6 False Swipe
- 7 Strength differences in similar Pokémon
- 8 game names
- 9 Pokédex/recruitment rate list
- 10 Information regarding the Amber Tear
- 11 Gates to Infinity findings
If you defeat the legendary and not recruit it, can you go back again and again? Or is it one-off???--Wowy 04:40, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- I read somewhere they keep appearing until you recruit them, but I'm not entirely safe... gotta try it with Dialga one of these days... -- Professional Mole (Talk here) 00:37, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
- I have confirmatino that the sacreds do keep appearing. My master's PMD2 counterpart really does not want to join my team. --Giratina's Embodiment. 18:03, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Recruitment rate question
Does the recruitment bonus for high levels stack up? For example if I have a Swampert at Level 96 and a Mewtwo at level 90, do I get a 50% recruitment rate bonus? I'm trying to recruit Rayquaza and it would help to know.
- No, only the leader factors into bonuses. The most boost you can get is 33.9%, provided you have a high enough level as well as a Friend Bow equipped (at least for PMD1; there may be items in the PMD2 pair, PMD3, or the PMD4 trio that have higher recruitment boosts). --Shiningpikablu252 13:47, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
Has anyone recruited over 552 Pokemon? (that is 69 x 8, i.e. 69 full pages). I reached this a few hours ago and could never recruit anymore (not even in Drenched Bluff!). It is very frustrating having gone through to Zapdos with a level 100 leader + Amber Tear and not recruit a thing on the way (including 59% recruit rate Zapdos!) 5 times. Makes me regret recruiting all those Unowns!
Perhaps there's a technical reason for it? I'm not sure, the number does not say anything to me. But it might have a set limit rounded down for the sake of having a multiple of 8.
I'll add it to the page, but if anyone else has reached 70 pages (preferably on Darkness/Time) feel free to revert my edit. -- Pokey 22:31, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- It's probably just a space thing, but I don't think there's any technical reason. It's not like for EVs where 255 is the number which can fit into a single byte. In this case it isn't just keeping track of a number, so it'll just be how many places were assigned. There should still be enough space for you to recruit one of every Pokémon though. 492 Pokémon available, + 27 'other' forms of Unown, plus two 'other' Wormadam cloaks makes 521, so there should be plenty of space. You might need to "Say Farewell" to a few of the duplicates you must have to open up more space for non-duplicates. Werdnae (talk) 22:41, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- You're probably right with space being the reason. I recruited a lot of Pokemon because at the time I didn't know what the effects of a doom seed was. I intended to fill in the levels of Pokemon in regions and recruiting them was the only way to check besides using seeds. Thus, my roster got full extremely fast, and I was much too lazy to release them. I didn't come here to ask why - if I need help I wouldn't post on the wiki's talk page (as I believe they are designed for discussing the article, not the topic) but to comment on my errors, if it is one, as it is unintentional. Anyway, I released several Pokemon and to no surprise, I could recruit the very first Anorith I saw in Drenched Bluff. -- Pokey 23:06, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
The Explorers of Sky official strategy guide states that the Amber Tear is more effective than the Friend Bow, the Seven Treasures are more effective than the Amber Tear for their respective type, and the Golden Mask is more effective than the Seven Treasures. Is this true? If so, is this only true for Explorers of Sky? Giratina's Embodiment - Please don't hurt us... 19:22, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
Do the sacred treasures work on Kecleon?
For example, say you have a level 100 Feraligatr in the lead holding an Amber Tear and with an Aquamonica in your bag. You use Waterfall on a Kecleon, changing it to water type, before finishing it off. Is the recruit rate now 59%, making Kecleon have a 9.5% chance of being recruited? --Shadowater (talk) 07:08, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- The Seven Treasures have no effect just being in the Treasure Bag, it is necessary for the Team Leader to hold them in order for them to have any effect, thus making it impossible to stack the effects of an Amber Tear/Golden Mask with the Seven Treasures. Pachirisuneytor (talk) 18:06, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
Strength differences in similar Pokémon
Can two of the same kind of Pokémon in the player's exploration team have different stats and stat gains? If so, is it true that Pokémon recruited at Chansey Daycare are stronger than Pokémon recruited through other means? Voltlds (Voltlds) 20:27, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
Wouldn't it be easier and take up less time if instead of saying "pokemon mystery dungeon: red rescue team and blue rescue team, pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of time and explorers of darkness, pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of sky and pokemon mystery dungeon: gates to infinity" we have the page say "pokemon mystery dungeon: red rescue team, blue rescue team, explorers of time, explorers of darkness, explorers of sky and gates to infinity" is there a reason why it is impossible to do that? if so I would love to know Pokegail (talk) 20:44, 10 October 2017 (UTC)
Pokédex/recruitment rate list
Somehow, there is no page listing Pokémon by their recruit rate, despite them being listed in the pages of specific dungeons. Is there a reason? If I made a new page, could we append it onto this site? (I'm currently playing EOS so I hoped to find a list of Pokemon and how hard it is to recruit them.) Maybe it could list available locations as well (might be hard but who knows, I'd found out along the way). - unsigned comment from KingisNitro (talk • contribs)
Information regarding the Amber Tear
A number of recent testing on the MysteryDungeon subreddit has brought some new information to light; namely that the long-held belief that the Amber Tear and Golden Mask provide the same effect is not true. The following posts and their comment sections provide more information:
Another post by ShinxHijinx explains that he had set up the game to play automatically overnight (explanation of that here), eventually KOing 75853 Kecleon with no success. A side video showcasing the effects of staying in a dungeon for that long can be found here. I think it stands to reason that this page, the Kecleon page, and the Kecleon Shop page should all receive edits to correct this. (For the record, the Kecleon shop page already excludes the Amber Tear, but it does state that the player's Team Leader needs to be levels 99-100. I don't know where that information comes from or if it's a typo, but it should probably be changed to be in line with the other pages.)
Given that this is a claim about game data, rather than something minor or opinionated (and it is refuting a claim that, according to the signatures on this talk page, has been around for nearly ten years), I wanted everyone to be on board before just overhauling all the claims on the site. On top of that, it's one thing knowing that the Amber Tear does not provide a 24% bonus, but we don't know what bonus it does provide, so I'm not entirely sure what we should say its effect is now. Linneus (talk) 23:05, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- This link should be the end of this so we can finally have accurate information on these values. I'll be editing the pages with this information unless some evidence of the contrary is found. Linneus (talk) 20:11, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
Gates to Infinity findings
https://www.reddit.com/r/MysteryDungeon/comments/g0xrvn/gates_to_infinity_recruit_boostsvalues/ I'm not sure how to implement the second set of values... N. Harmonik (talk) 17:16, 15 April 2020 (UTC)