There was link in Red so I just thought "Start a Stub" - if we didn't want it doing then why have a red link?? PhantomCX 14:18, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- Then make sure you know what gender Kaitō is, and ADD CATEGORIES. And say more about him. and please begin it like
Kaitō is a recurring character who first appeared in blahblahblah...
•14:20, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
Thanks - that was what I was sort of hopping some one could do - I live in the UK so this hasn't been aired yet - i was just going by what info i could find on here as a start PhantomCX 10:19, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
Why? Mooites 17:56, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- His debut episode has an announced dub title. It's protected so that people don't go inserting speculation or jump the gun on a possible dub name leak.
- The practice of protection actually started back at DP063, when Pokémon.com resumed Friday previews and leaked Leona. Given how even reliable sources can give wrong names sometimes (i.e. Cartoon Network's previews for the Kanto Grand Festival where they called Solidad Samantha, or Pokémon.com's AG183 synopsis where the character Ada is treated as if a name she was insultingly called during an insult act (Audrey) was her only name), the article, which was at the Japanese name at the time, was protected from page moves. That preview actually contained an error that turned heads, as the preview mentioned Leona as being May's friend when Leona didn't evekn know May. A minor gun-jump attempt took place, but nothing really major came from that.
- At first, the practice was move-protection only, and it seemed to be working (nobody jumped on Tom Wayland leaking Reggie); however, it became full protection when gun-jumpers took a leak on Francesca for DP070, copied the content, made a new article at the then-unconfirmed dub name, and turned the move-protected Japanese name (where the article was at at the time) into a redirect. It was actually the second gun-jump attempt on that character; the first was a lot like the Leona leak. Needless to say, that's the straw that broke the camel's back, the practice went from move-protection to full-protection at that point.
- The protection will expire once the episode makes its dub premiere. This is in accordance with our "until it airs" policy, where we don't put in most stuff related to an episode until the episode airs. (Dub names are pretty much the only thing dub-related that falls into this policy; most other elements invoke "until it airs" for the initial Japanese airing.) --Shiningpikablu252 03:19, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
Well this answers my question about if it was okay to remove the undubbed banner :)
----HoennMaster 15:58, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Let's leave it till next week when we'll know what his name is. --ケンジのガール 03:22, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
In the credits for Staging A Heroes' Welcome! Jamie McGonnigal is listed. Since I believe all other guest va's are known, this may be Kaito's.
----HoennMaster 04:17, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think so to. But we should probably watch the next episode to be sure. --ケンジのガール 04:32, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
This page has all of the revision history, since it was moved from Kaito. To fix this and merge the two histories, please:
- Delete Kyle (Sinnoh)
- Move Kyle (Sinnoh (this page) to Kyle (Sinnoh)
- Undelete everything from Special:Undelete/Kyle (Sinnoh)
Thanks... Gracenotes 14:09, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Admins can do the move in one go - we get an option to delete the target's page history as part of the move. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 14:28, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, nice. Thanks for your help :) Gracenotes 14:42, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
Page on Kyle got anihilated. I smell a messup. --Maxim 14:18, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Nevermind. It's fixed. Delete the page so. --Maxim 14:18, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- So why did people feel the need to replace both pages with the delete tag? Was the lack of a closing bracket the only issue here? --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 14:21, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
I've seen an edit war go on with the image for this article. Since admins have the final say in images. The image with the blue background will be used in this article. -Sketch 21:47, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed. The one with the blue background looks better. --Baby G (talk to me) (see my edits) 01:54, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
I've been wondering if this should be renamed 'Kyle (Coordinator)' as we have no way of knowing if Kyle is actually from Sinnoh or not. Watchermark 16:23, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
- The region tags are from what region they turn up, not their region of origin. That's why Harrison is at Johto, and not Hoenn, where he is from. The further breakdown is only if two people of the same name appear in the same region, such as Whirl Cup and the Anthonys. Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph 16:53, 31 October 2010 (UTC)