Special magnetic field
In the core series games
- In Sinnoh, Mount Coronet contains a special magnetic field. Magneton and Nosepass may evolve anywhere in Mount Coronet, including exterior areas, the Spear Pillar, and the Hall of Origin.
- In Unova, Chargestone Cave contains a special magnetic field. This magnetism is also evident by the cave's puzzle: the player must push stone fragments blocking some passages so they are attracted by larger magnetic rocks, making it possible to continue.
- In Kalos, Route 13 contains a special magnetic field that is produced by the nearby Kalos Power Plant. Despite the special magnetic field being produced by the Kalos Power Plant, Nosepass and Magneton will not evolve if leveled up inside the Power Plant.
- In HoennORAS, a special magnetic field is present in New Mauville.
- In Alola, a special magnetic field is present in Blush MountainUSUM and Vast Poni Canyon.
- In Hisui, a special magnetic field is present in the Coronet Highlands.
There is no special magnetic field in Kanto, Johto, Galar, or Paldea. In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, this means that Magneton and Nosepass cannot evolve at all—Magnezone and Probopass can only be obtained by trading with Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
Since Generation VIII, Pokémon that can evolve using a special magnetic field can alternatively evolve via Thunder Stone, aside from Nosepass in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. This is the only method available in Sword, Shield, Scarlet, and Violet. In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, both Magneton and Nosepass can be evolved using either the special magnetic field or a Thunder Stone. In Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, both can be used to evolve Magneton, while Nosepass requires the special magnetic field.
In spin-off games
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity, due to the way evolution works, Magneton and Nosepass evolve through the use of the Coronet Rock.
In the anime
In Cheers on Castaways Isle!, an island located in Diablo's Ocean contained a special magnetic field due to meteorites in the area. Several wild Nosepass and Probopass were seen inhabiting the island.
In That's Some Spicy Island Research!, Sophocles revealed that he wanted to evolve his Charjabug during his Pokémon School class's visit to Poni Island. Hearing this, the island's Nurse Joy suggested him to visit Vast Poni Canyon. In Evolving Research!, Sophocles visited the canyon, and his Charjabug successfully evolved into Vikavolt thanks to the canyon's special magnetic field.
In the manga
In Passing by Probopass and Maneuvering around Magnezone, Cyrus's Nosepass and Magneton evolved while inside Mount Coronet.
- Moss Rock
- Ice Rock
- Glacial Lure Module
- Mossy Lure Module
- Magnetic Lure Module
- Mystery Dungeon evolutionary items → Coronet Rock
In other languages
|This article is part of Project Locations, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every location in the Pokémon world.