From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Chargestone Cave, an area in Unova
with a special magnetic field.
A special magnetic field (Japanese: 特殊な磁場 special magnetic field) enables Magneton, Nosepass, and Charjabug to evolve into Magnezone, Probopass, and Vikavolt, respectively.
In the core series games
Vast Poni Canyon, an area in Alola
with a special magnetic field.
- In Sinnoh, Mt. Coronet contains a special magnetic field. Magneton and Nosepass may evolve anywhere in Mt. Coronet, including exterior areas, the Spear Pillar, and the Hall of Origin.
- In Unova, Chargestone Cave contains a special magnetic field. This magnetism is also evident by the cave's puzzle: the player must push stone fragments blocking some passages so they are attracted by larger magnetic rocks, making it possible to continue.
- In Kalos, Route 13 contains a special magnetic field that is produced by the nearby Kalos Power Plant. Despite the special magnetic field being produced by the Kalos Power Plant, Nosepass and Magneton will not evolve if leveled up inside the Power Plant.
- In HoennORAS, a special magnetic field is present in New Mauville.
- In Alola, a special magnetic field is present in Blush MountainUSUM and Vast Poni Canyon.
As there is no special magnetic field in Kanto or Johto, Magneton and Nosepass cannot evolve in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, which means the only way to obtain Magnezone and Probopass is to receive them by trade.
There is no special magnetic field in Galar. In Pokémon Sword and Shield, Charjabug (the only Pokémon that previously evolved via special magnetic field present in the game) evolves by being exposed to a Thunder Stone instead.
In spin-off games
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity, due to the way evolution works, Magneton and Nosepass evolve through the use of the Coronet Rock.
In the anime
In Nosing 'Round The Mountain!, Alan specifically asked Ash to keep their battle near Mt. Coronet so that his Nosepass could evolve, which it did.
In Cheers on Castaways Isle!, an island located in Diablo's Ocean contained a special magnetic field due to meteorites in the area. Several wild Nosepass and Probopass were seen inhabiting the island.
In That's Some Spicy Island Research!, Sophocles revealed that he wanted to evolve his Charjabug during his Pokémon School class's visit to Poni Island. Hearing this, the island's Nurse Joy suggested him to visit Vast Poni Canyon. In Evolving Research!, Sophocles visited the canyon, and his Charjabug successfully evolved into Vikavolt thanks to the canyon's special magnetic field.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In Passing by Probopass and Maneuvering around Magnezone, Cyrus's Nosepass and Magneton evolved while inside Mt. Coronet.
In other languages
|| 特殊磁場 Dahksyùh chìhchèuhng
|| 特殊磁場 / 特殊磁场 Tèshū cíchǎng
|| Champ magnétique spécial
|| Besonderen Magnetfeld
|| Campo magnetico speciale
|| 특수한 자기장 Teuksuhan jagijang
|| Nietypowe pole magnetyczne
|| Campo magnético especial