From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
A special magnetic field (Japanese: 特殊な磁場 special magnetic field) enables Magneton, Nosepass, and Charjabug to evolve into Magnezone, Probopass, and Vikavolt, respectively.
In the games
- In Sinnoh, Mt. Coronet contains a special magnetic field. Magneton and Nosepass may evolve anywhere in Mt. Coronet, including exterior areas, the Spear Pillar, and the Hall of Origin.
- In Unova, Chargestone Cave contains a special magnetic field. This magnetism is also evident by the cave's puzzle: the player must push stone fragments blocking some passages so they are attracted by larger magnetic rocks, making it possible to continue.
- In Kalos, Route 13 contains a special magnetic field that is produced by the nearby Kalos Power Plant. Despite the special magnetic field being produced by the Kalos Power Plant, Nosepass and Magneton will not evolve if leveled up inside the Power Plant.
- In HoennORAS, a special magnetic field is present in New Mauville.
- In Alola, a special magnetic field is present in Vast Poni Canyon.
As there is no special magnetic field in Kanto or Johto, Magneton and Nosepass cannot evolve in HeartGold and SoulSilver, which means the only way to obtain Magnezone and Probopass is to receive them by trade.
In side games
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity, due to the way evolution works, Magneton and Nosepass evolve through the use of the Coronet Rock.
In the anime
In Nosing 'Round The Mountain!, Alan specifically battles Ash near Mt. Coronet so that his Nosepass will evolve.
In Cheers on Castaways Isle!, an island located in Diablo's Ocean contains a special magnetic field due to meteorites in the area. Several wild Nosepass and Probopass inhabit the island.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In Passing by Probopass and Maneuvering around Magnezone, Cyrus's Nosepass and Magneton evolved while inside Mt. Coronet.
In other languages
|| Champ magnétique spécial
|| Besonderen Magnetfeld
|| Campo magnetico speciale
|| 특수한 자기장 Teuksuhan jagijang
|| Campo magnético especial