From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: The Official Kalos Region Guidebook by Steve Stratton is a strategy guide published by Prima Games for Pokémon X and Y. The guide covers the first part of the game. A second guide, which covers the postgame adventure and the Pokédex was released later.
A total of four different variants of this guide were released:
- The first variant (ISBN 1908172428) was released in Europe on October 14, 2013.
- The second variant (ISBN 0804161992) was released on October 16, 2013. It is a pocket size hardcover edition featuring Xerneas and Yveltal on the front. Its total length is 416 pages. It also includes an official screen cleaner and a pullout map of the Kalos region.
- The third variant (ISBN 0804162832) was released on November 26, 2013. It is a pocket size paperback edition, and also includes an official screen cleaner and a pullout map of the Kalos region.
- The last variant (ISBN 0804163219) was released on December 9, 2013. It is a pocket size paperback edition. It includes a pullout map of the Kalos region, but is lacking the screen cleaner.
There is no content differences between the four variants released.
A new region with a whole new dimension to explore!
Get an edge with this step-by-step walkthrough of Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: The Official Kalos Region Guidebook! From your first step into the tall grass and your earliest battles on Route 1, all the way to the heights of challenging the Elite Four, it's all here with detailed maps, images, and helpful techniques that make your game even better!
Here's what you'll find inside:
The Kalos region is full of new wonders, new cities and towns, and incredible new adventures. Step into the next evolution of Pokémon!
- Steve Stratton (Prima Games)
- Wolfgang Baur
- Kellyn Ballard
- Blaise Selby
- Eric Haddock
- Rachel Payne (Bridge Consulting)
- Hisato Yamamori
- Mikiko Ryu
- Jillian Nonaka
- Sayuru Munday
- Antoin Johnson
- Aaron Campion (Aerotek)
- Jeff Hines (Bridge Consulting)
- Cover designers
- Project manager
- Design & production
- Prima Games
- Donato Tica
- Jamie Knight Bryson
- Mark Hughes
- Melissa Jeneé Smith
- Shaida Boroumand
- Chris Franc
- Doug Wohlfeil (Bridge Consulting)
- Heather Dalgleish
- Hiromi Kimura
- J.C. Smith
- John Moore
- Kenji Okubo
- Misty Thomas
- Phaedra Long
- Traci Thomson
- Yasuhiro Usui
- In the Pokémon Evolution section (page 50), the guide says that when breeding, male Pokémon can pass down moves they know that they can learn from TMs to hatched Pokémon that can also learn that TM. While this was true in previous generations, it is no longer the case in Generation VI.
- In the Pokémon-Amie section (page 367), the guide says that Enjoyment can be increased when petting a Pokémon, but petting actually decreases a Pokémon's Enjoyment.