|The Secret of Kangaskhan
The Secret of Kangaskhan (Japanese: VS ガルーラ VS Garura) is the third round of the Pokémon Adventures manga.
In a flashback, Professor Oak suggests that Red should go to Viridian Forest to complete the Pokédex. Back in the present, Red, Poli, and Saur enter Viridian Forest. Meanwhile, Blue's Charmander defeats a Venomoth, much to Blue's disappointment as he already has one.
Meanwhile, Red is looking for a Caterpie when he sees movement in a bush and sends Poli to attack. However, he is attacked first by Blue's Charmander, who believed Poliwhirl was a wild Pokémon. Red becomes angry, but recognizes the boy as the one that found the Phantom Pokémon, Mew. Suddenly, they hear a loud noise and Blue states that he found what he was looking for. A Kangaskhan shows up; Blue doesn't lose any time and attacks her with Charmander. Blue takes out his Pokédex, in order to see her information. When Red shows his Pokédex, they realize that they are rivals with the same mission. Red also learns that Blue is the grandson of the famous Professor Oak.
The fire causes a lot of damage to the Kangaskhan and Blue tries to capture her a couple of times with Poké Balls but she repels them; however, she doesn't attack. Red perceives that something is wrong and stops Charmander's attack, and then runs to the wild Pokémon and looks at her belly. Her baby Kangaskhan in her pouch was poisoned, so Red uses an Antidote to cure it. The mother Kangaskhan thanks him and leaves. Blue is mad at Red's intervention and they "formally" present themselves. With the same goal, they go in different directions.
- Blue is revealed to own a Pokédex.
- Blue is revealed to own a Venomoth.
- Red and Blue both start their journeys.
- For a list of all major events in the Pokémon Adventures manga, please see the timeline of events.
|Spoilers end here.|
- Poliwhirl (Poli; Red's)
- Bulbasaur (Saur; Red's)
- Charmander (Blue's)
- Mew (Adventures; flashback)
- Caterpie (fantasy)
- This chapter is included in The Best of Pokémon Adventures: Red.
- Although not shown, it is revealed that Blue has captured a Venomoth.
- The image of the Venomoth in Blue's Pokédex is its Red and Blue Versions sprite flipped horizontally, as are the Pokédex entries of the other Pokémon in the Red, Green & Blue chapter.
In other languages
|Mandarin Chinese||VS 袋龍 (Taiwan)|
VS 袋龙 (Mainland China)
|Finnish||Red vastaan Kangaskhan|
La Forêt de Jade*
Il segreto di Kangaskhan*
|Brazilian Portuguese||VS Kangaskhan|
|European Spanish||Contra Kangaskhan|
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|