From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|Powers up special attacks when the Pokémon is burned.
Flare Boost (Japanese: ねつぼうそう Burn Rampage) is an Ability introduced in Generation V. It is the signature Ability of Drifloon and Drifblim.
While the Pokémon with this Ability is burned, the power of its special moves is increased by 50%.
Outside of battle
Flare Boost has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Flare Boost
|Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VIII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- For Generation VII games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VIII or later.
- This Ability originated as a TCG Attack.
- Since the only Pokémon capable of having Flare Boost are Drifloon and Drifblim, Pokémon based on balloons, the ability's affect is likely a reference to hot air balloons using burners to heat up, inflate, and fly.
In other languages