User talk:PKMN Trainer Ryan
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, PKMN Trainer Ryan!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Page button. Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Also, if you want to edit multiple sections of the page, make sure that you click "edit this page" at the top of the page rather than editing it by section. Thanks! — Ruixiang95 21:36, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
Please do not move proposed templates to the mainspace, they must be approved by staff first. Lana only has one Pokémon, Turtonator doesn't count, regardless of it having an article.--ForceFire 05:23, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
I was in the midst of writing the SM080 page plot when I noticed you had inserted yours first. I had a read of it and at first noticed it was missing a lot of coding links, and thought that feature can simply be edited. But then I noticed it sounded extremely familiar and located the source, http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/SM080. It is perfectly fine to look at other resources for styles on how to write up a massive section like a plot summary, and helps to confirm details but remember to keep the ideas original. Plagiarism is a serious offence so I had to replace it all with the piece I was writing to avoid alarm bells going off. Please do not repeat this. PardescanSlowbro (talk) 02:05, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
Good work on the plot for SM085, I am really glad to see that we are finally one week or so behind the japanese releases, which means more information can be updated and created sooner. I recently edited the plot in question, noticing the the "not up to standards" template on it. You have a good eye for detail, and write particularly detailed descriptions of the plot which is fantastic as we can always streamline information, plus attempting to add detail is always the more difficult task. I've written many episode plots and helped restructure many others, including my own, and have picked up a few things on the way. Here are a few helpful hints:
- Try to avoid -ing ending words, its the wrong tense
- Try to cut out as many conjunction words like 'though' at the beginning of sentences and commas as possible, this will keep sentences to a small length
- Writing Rotom Pokédex as Rotom is a great shortcut
- I added a few extra links like Beast Ball, footprints and Baseball to the plot summary, there may be other less obvious links in future edits. I usually do a quick key word search on bulbapedia, and that helped me to find the respective articles to link to.
- Also try to vary your words with synonyms in sentences that are next to each other, this will give it a better flow and add more interest for the reader
- I've asked about the episode segments after the PokéProblem, but following on advice, these are not to be included in the episode plots.
- Just checking in with you, I'm hoping things are going well. The tweaks you've been doing to the latest SM plots have been great and the SS02 revamp is a drastic difference. I've rewritten all of the plots up to EP141. There is plenty of work to do on the older character and episode pages. And with your eye for detail and writing style, feel free to continue on from there if you like. PardescanSlowbro (talk) 03:15, 3 January 2019 (UTC)
Glad you were able to create userpages. I'm only too happy to assist editing them for possible mainspace.--BigDocFan (talk) 19:34, 4 January 2019 (UTC) Curious to see what other userpages you plan to make, I'm always happy to assist.--BigDocFan (talk) 22:49, 17 January 2019 (UTC)