X & Y chapter titles
The first full-size volume of the X & Y chapter of Pokémon Adventures has been released in English, and the round titles match those received in the mini-volume releases. Can/Should they be readded now, or do we wait for future volume releases to do so? --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 11:43, 13 January 2022 (UTC)
- I'll play the "just in case" card and say wait till the respective volumes come out. Ataro (talk) 08:59, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
- Figure you would do this which I am prepared to follow as well since I am very patient and can wait it out. I would appreciate it if you left more titles from the invisible notes as much as possible so when I can verify the information it would be easier to deal with. The only slight change is the removal of the question mark in the title of PS558 in the volume version, but unlike the Black and White chapters that were changed that is too minor to consider as a trivia note. -Tyler53841 (talk) 07:30, 15 January 2022 (UTC)
Hi, I created this template here based on what exists for the anime, but I put the characters from Pokémon Adventures. Would that be of any use here? I did it because I noticed that it's a little complicated to find some pages and some "characters of the day" from the manga end up being left out. In a way, this manga also has an extensive chronology just like the anime, so maybe it deserves a template of its own.--Hikaru Wazana (talk) 20:36, 02 February 2022 (UTC)
Similarities between Arezu and Silver
Your statement is wrong for the aforementioned reason : the hairstyle, aka the swept bangs, is shared with Silver but not with Mars. I was just stating a fact, and besides nothing in game tells she's related to Mars either, meaning nothing rules out the possibility that she could even be a common ancestor to those two characters, Hisui and the ancient version of Johto aren't that far after all. ---- Braviapert 07:44, 28 April 2022 (UTC)
- Hello, it has been two weeks since I didn't get a reply from my answer. I would appreciate if I get a reply from this, thanks. ---- Braviapert 11:57, 12 May 2022 (UTC)
- I felt one was unnecessary, but if you really want it. The answer is still no. Arezu has a shared name origin, makes a blatant nod to her descendant being a member of Team Galactic, and even uses Bronzor and Purugly in battle. These are clear references to Mars, yet as far as I can recall, nothing connects her to Silver. If a similar hairstyle was all it took to be an ancestor, we might as well list everyone with similar haircuts, like Roark. Ataro (talk) 23:31, 23 May 2022 (UTC)
- Yeah the common ancestry with Roark is still a possibility due to the similar haircut. Yes, even a similar haircut can connect two characters in Legends Arceus, and besides, Arezu and Silver have the same outfit color : dark blue. So, you're still wrong about the fact they have nothing in common. -- Braviapert 16:02, 22 August 2022 (UTC)
You're strawmaning, the argument was not "they have nothing in common" but "they do not have enough in common". Saying that even a haircut is enough is oversimplifying. MissDelibirda (talk) 19:06, 22 August 2022 (UTC)
- Well the wiki pages talk about resemblances between an ancestor and a descendant without going into details, and appearances are enough of a common thing when said that way. -- Braviapert 23:18, 22 August 2022 (UTC)
- The summaries formatted the title that way. Ataro (talk) 22:28, 9 September 2022 (UTC)
- Okay. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 22:42, 9 September 2022 (UTC)
- The title contains the word "yume", though, which means "dream". Nothing in regards to Mew. Hence why I'm inclined to agree with the user who changed it back. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 19:54, 14 September 2022 (UTC)
- Okay. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 22:42, 9 September 2022 (UTC)
Pokemon Adventures updates
After the most recent volume release which for the third time in a row it still had the original English Titles, I can say there is a higher chance that VIZ is keeping this titles for the main volume releases. Now excluding the obvious case with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire getting new chapter names (I had already expected to happen prior to the first volume release, it might be something you can reconsider since it will help decrease the workload. Any minor title changes for a chapter two can easily be updated for that chapter page link only as well as the new chapters that were not part of the original mini-volume release. The only unique case I did with the removal of the Question mark at the end of the the title What Does Charmander Do When It Dozes was just remove it from the list of rounds page for that chapter, nor did I add that in as trivia like with the changed titles from the Black and White chapter since it was not trivia worthy to mention the ? symbol. Only the original mini-volume release will now carry that symbol.
On another note I am thinking of changing the other volumes mentioned in Trivia into "Other Volumes" with a description for other volume releases with pretty simple wording. The volumes mentioned in the first chapter of the Black and White chapter serve a good example to this since my original plan years ago was to list the other volumes and the mini-volumes released in Japan since the X and Y chapter started can also be listed there too, since it is too much work to modify a template to include all the volumes and could get confusing. I am best capable of modifying templates carefully, but not creating the coding itself.
Whatever your choice I will abide by it and in regards to the first paragraph this will be the only time I will bring the subject up, but just remember it would make an easier workload without having to check all the links since I use the "What links here" button to monitor links to find the ones that need updating. Also on the side I have been helping taking care of adding the disambiguation page for those chapters so far. -Tyler53841 (talk) 21:29, 13 September 2022 (UTC)
- There's always a chance of being wrong, and that's a risk I'd rather avoid. As for your second point, I don't really mind. Ataro (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2022 (UTC)
- Okay, but just remember the first time it happened during one of the Black and White chapters, it was easily fixable, but I promise not to let that interfere when I verify the chapter the next time it comes out. On the side one of the advantages of the whole digital releases is it allows me to access it anytime of the day instead of waiting for my Amazon delivery to arrive in regards to the physical release (which is pretty much what I currently using to help with the Sword & Shield English releases). One last note so you are aware of it is the source of the eISBN codes for the English digital releases comes directly from VIZ's website, by checking the digital section for that volume, which is where I get the code for it. -Tyler53841 (talk) 17:38, 19 September 2022 (UTC)
Pages to approval/delletion
Hello, I'm reviewing some pages I created and I wanted to know your opinion about them. The one for the Sun and Moon tournament tried to follow the pattern that is already used in anime tournaments and created a template where the main characters of the manga would be.
The Sword and Shield rivals I wanted to know they might be useful. They are not ready yet but if they are not of interest to the staff I would like to ask for their deletion. Finally, I would like to request the deletion of the Gym Leaders Tournament page.
- User:Hikaru Wazana/Template: Pokémon Adventures characters
- User:Hikaru Wazana/Iki Town festival tournament
- User:Hikaru Wazana/Hop (Adventures)
- User:Hikaru Wazana/Bede (Adventures)
- User:Hikaru Wazana/Marnie (Adventures)
- User:Hikaru Wazana/Gym Leader tournament