From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the season. For the series, see Advanced Generation series.
- Pokémon Advanced redirects here. For Italian opening, see Pokémon Advanced (song).
Pokémon: Advanced is the sixth season of the Pokémon anime, consisting of the last 12 episodes of the original series, and the first 40 episodes of the Advanced Generation series. This season showcases the Silver Conference and the beginning of the adventures of Ash, May, Brock, and Max in the Hoenn region, from Littleroot Town up to Mauville City.
It originally aired as part of the 2003-2004 Kids' WB! Saturday morning line-up. The season began with Address Unown!, which originally aired on September 13, 2003 and ended with Watt's with Wattson, which originally aired on September 4, 2004.
Advanced marked the beginning of the Hoenn saga. It is preceded by Pokémon: Master Quest, the last season of the original series dub, and succeeded by Pokémon: Advanced Challenge.
Polishing off the Silver Conference, Ash heads toward his next challenge—the far-off Hoenn region! While he must say goodbye to old friends, he makes the acquaintance of May, a Trainer just starting out on her Pokémon journey. Along with her little brother Max and the ever-reliable Brock, this pack of Pokémon Trainers begin pursuing their dreams—with Ash racking up three Gym Badges, while May changes tack to follow the Contest path of a Pokémon Coordinator.
- Ash obtains Larvitar and returns it to its mother at Mt. Silver. (EP263 - EP264)
- The Silver Conference takes place. (EP265 - EP272)
- Ash, Gary, and Harrison get through to the Victory Tournament. (EP268)
- Ash has a Full Battle against Gary and wins. They end their rivalry and become friends again. (EP269 - EP270)
- Ash battles Harrison in the quarter-finals and loses. Ash places in the top eight. (EP270 - EP272)
- Harrison loses to Jon Dickson in the semi-finals. Jon goes on to win the Silver Conference. (EP272)
- Ash, Misty, and Brock part ways on their return to Kanto. (EP273)
- Ash sees Ho-Oh fly towards Hoenn and decides to head there with just Pikachu. (EP273)
- Team Rocket follows Ash and Pikachu to the Hoenn region. (EP274)
- Ash and Pikachu arrive in the Hoenn region and meet up with May. (AG001)
- May gets her starter Pokémon, a Torchic, from Professor Birch. Ash and May agree to travel together. (AG001)
- Ash registers for the Hoenn League. (AG002)
- Team Magma makes their appearance trying to enter ruins outside Oldale Town.
- Ash meets May's family in Petalburg City. May's brother Max joins the duo, equipped with the PokéNav. (AG003)
- Brock rejoins the group on the way to Rustboro City. (AG004)
- The group learns about Pokémon Contests. (AG013)
- May decides she wants to be a Coordinator and earn Ribbons instead of trying to earn Gym Badges. (AG016)
- Ash and company help the Devon Corporation President track down a Team Aqua spy. (AG017)
- While training on Dewford Island, the group runs into Professor Birch. (AG027, AG028)
- The group finds Team Magma and Team Aqua digging through some ruins under a boy's Secret Base. (AG027)
- May meets up with her first rival, Drew, just before the Slateport City Contest. (AG033)
- Ash and friends try to stop a Team Magma theft of molten rock from Captain Stern at the Oceanic Museum. (AG036)
- Jigglypuff appears at the Trick House. (AG039)
The following Pokémon are obtained:
The following Pokémon evolve:
The following Pokémon are released:
The following Pokémon are left at Oak's Laboratory:
Ash defeats the following Gym Leaders:
Home video releases
North American DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language Pokémon Advanced home video releases (Region 1)
Australian DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language Pokémon Advanced home video releases (Region 4)
In other languages