From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| A Gaggle of Gadget Greatness!
The Explosive Heat at the Mechanical Festival!
|| June 16, 2016
| United States
|| September 17, 2016
|| Team Kato
|| 大橋志吉 Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
|| 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
| Assistant director
|| 榎本守 Mamoru Enomoto
| Animation directors
|| 小川一郎 Ichirō Ogawa
| 鷲田敏弥 Toshiya Washida
| Additional credits
A Gaggle of Gadget Greatness! (Japanese: 爆熱の機巧フェスティバル！ The Explosive Heat at the Mechanical Festival!) is the 124th episode of the XY series, and the 923rd episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on June 16, 2016 and in the United States on September 17, 2016.
Ash, Serena, and Bonnie are having a tough time keeping up with Clemont! Where is he going in such a hurry? It’s the Gadget Festival, where playful inventors exhibit their mechanical creations—and where Clemont is truly in his element!
Team Rocket is celebrating with some gadgets of their own, but as usual, their goal is to steal Pokémon from unsuspecting Trainers. When Ash and friends hear about this scheme, they confront the villains, who attempt to fight back using a Meowth-enhancing gadget that Clemont finds impressive! But when Team Rocket’s invention falls a little short, they’re soon blasting off again—and our heroes get back to the festival!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Pinsir (US and international)
Pokémon Quiz: Pikachu (Japan)
The title card segment focuses on Clemont for this episode
- Poké TV: "Pokemon 24 Hours!" focusing on Clemont and his inventions.
- In the Japanese version, the title card segment focuses on, and is read by, Clemont.
- Brilliantly is used as the ending for this episode, with this version being sung by Clemont's Japanese voice actor, Yūki Kaji.
- Ash and a Trainer narrate the preview for the next episode.
- Clemont narrates the ending of the episode, instead of the narrator.
- Team Rocket's previous motto from Sinnoh and Unova can be heard as a background music.
- However, the music is removed in the dub.
- Before Bonnie and Dedenne are strapped in the chair, Dedenne's belly is orange instead of cream.
- While Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie celebrate crossing the moving platforms, Dedenne's ears are oversized.
- After Meowth and Jessie reach the end of the slide, Jessie's earrings are missing.
- When Bonnie sits on the galaxy-themed moving chair, Dedenne is heard but is absent but appears to be in her bag after the chair stops.
Dedenne with oversized ears
Jessie without her earrings
- The background music of Team Rocket's Sinnoh motto was removed.
- The title card focuses on Ash, but is still read by Clemont.
- This episode aired between Valuable Experience for All! and Analysis Versus Passion! in Belgium.
- In the English dub, Jessie gets confused with the words gadget and budget.
- In the Norwegian dub, this was changed to dingse and blings.
- In the Brazilian Portuguese dub, this was changed to engenhoca and pipoca.
- In the Swedish dub, this was changed to manick and picknick.
In other languages
|| En giga omgang gadgets!
|| Een scala aan schitterende snufjes!
|| Valtavasti vempaimia!
| European French
|| Un festival de merveilles mécaniques !
|| Apparate bis zum Abwinken!
|| Gita tra gadget grandiosi!
|| 기상천외 기계 장치 페스티벌!!
|| En drøss med dugelige dingser!
|| Gadżetowy zawrót głowy!
|| O festival de engenhoca!
|| Engenhocas engenhosas em grande!
|| Гаджеты - вершина великолепия!
|| Latin America
|| ¡Un arsenal de asombrosos artefactos!
|| ¡Un sinfín de artilugios grandiosos!
|| En samling storartade manicker!
|| Muhteşem Aletler Ordusu!