From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| An Undersea Place to Call Home!
The Undersea Castle! Kuzumo and Dramidoro!!
|| November 20, 2014
| United States
|| February 7, 2015
|| Team Kato
|| 藤田伸三 Shinzō Fujita
|| 吉村文宏 Fumihiro Yoshimura
| Assistant director
|| 吉村文宏 Fumihiro Yoshimura
| Animation directors
|| 斉藤圭太 Keita Saitō
| 郷津春奈 Haruna Gōtsu
| No additional credits are available at this time.
An Undersea Place to Call Home! (Japanese: 海底の城！クズモーとドラミドロ！！ The Undersea Castle! Kuzumo and Dramidoro!!) is the 24th episode of the XY series, and the 823rd episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on November 20, 2014 and in the United States on February 7, 2015.
This episode was originally scheduled to air in Japan on April 24, 2014, but was postponed due to the sinking of the MV Sewol ferry in South Korea on April 16, 2014; due to this, it was also subsequently skipped in the English-language broadcasts. It first made its world debut in South Korea on August 8, 2014, and then eventually aired in Japan on November 20, 2014, between XY050 and XY051. The English dub version, however, aired after When Light and Dark Collide!, during a four-hour marathon on February 7, 2015.
Our heroes take an excursion to the Muraille Coast before Ash's Cyllage City Gym battle. They spend some time fishing until Ash pulls up a Skrelp, which attacks Pikachu with its poison! Fortunately, they meet a couple along the beach road who heal Pikachu with a handy Antidote. Eddy and Lindsey are underwater archeologists in search of the Cussler, a luxury liner that sank many years ago. Our heroes decide to help them with their quest!
While Clemont and Bonnie stay above with Eddy, Ash and Serena join Lindsey in her submarine, and they dive toward the ocean floor. Sure enough, the wreck of the Cussler is there, and thanks to some crafty Dragalge who have fused it together with Acid, it's become a home for many different kinds of Water-type Pokémon!
A mysterious light lures them deeper into the wreckage, where they spot Team Rocket's submarine. The villains have come to claim the Cussler's sunken treasure, and their meddling has endangered the structure of the ship. With a little help from our heroes, the wild Pokémon manage to fix up their underwater refuge. But at the same time, Team Rocket escapes with the Cussler's safe—only to get caught in a whirlpool! Skrelp is caught too, but Froakie comes to the rescue, showing off its spectacular jumping skills…and giving Ash some ideas he would put to use in his upcoming Gym battle against Grant!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
The episode begins with Ash and his friends taking an excursion to the Muraille Coast before heading out to the Cyllage City for Ash's gym battle with Grant...
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Skrelp (US and international)
Pokémon Quiz: Skrelp (Japan)
The title card segment focuses on Ash for this episode
- Mairin's Mega Evolution Journal: Mega Gallade
- This episode is unique among skipped and banned episodes as it had a known English dub title during the period in which it was banned. The title was posted on the Turner Broadcasting press site, but was then pulled off the next day and replaced with Climbing the Walls!.
- Coincidentally, the original 24th episode of the Best Wishes series was also skipped, but was not aired anywhere in the world.
- Unlike A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition!, another delayed episode, this episode was not re-edited to fit into continuity, with Ash's Fletchinder's appearance as a Fletchling and references to Ash's upcoming battle with Grant. The narrator's dialogue acknowledged that the story took place in the past.
- This was the last episode to air before the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
- The story of the S.S. Cussler sinking after hitting an iceberg greatly resembles the story of RMS Titanic, a luxury liner that suffered the same fate in 1912. The outlook of the S.S. Cussler also greatly resembles Titanic's design.
- In addition, Eddy and Lindsey's submarine greatly resembles Alvin, a famous real-life submarine that has explored the wreck of Titanic and also has room for a pilot and two passengers.
- There is evidence indicating that this episode aired in South Korea on August 8, 2014. This would make it the first non-special episode to make its world debut airing outside of Japan.
- During the fishing scene, Bonnie's hair on her hairpin is missing.
- When Serena is watching Qwilfish on the submarine, Qwilfish's bellies are completely dark blue. This error was fixed in the Japanese DVD version and Pokémon Get TV.
- In one scene, Lindsey's lower body is missing.
- When the group of Luvdisc first appears and start playing with the group of Skrelp, Skrelp has Dragalge's voice.
- When Ash grabs Froakie and Skrelp after rescuing if from the whirlpool, Boonie's hairpin is colored the same way as her bangs as she haves five of them instead of four for a few frames.
Lindsey's lower body is missing
- Unlike in other episodes, the narrator speaks entirely in a past tense in the dub, likely as a way to indicate this episode aired out of continuity.
- As this episode was aired out of order in the US, it was aired out of order too in other international dubs that follow the US dub airing order.
In other languages
|| Thuis onder water!
|| Merenalainen koti!
| European French
|| Une maison sous-marine !
|| Ein Zuhause auf dem Meeresgrund!
|| Ένα Υποθαλάσσιο Μέρος Ιδανικό για Κατοικία!
|| Una casa in fondo al mare!
|| 해저의 성을 지켜라! 수레기와 드래캄!!
|| Et undervannshjem!
|| Podwodny dom!
|| Um lugar Subaquático para se chamar de lar!
|| Um Lugar Subaquático para Chamar de Lar!
|| Под водой — как дома!
|| Latin America
|| ¡Un hogar en el mar!
|| ¡Un Lugar Submarino Llamado Hogar!
|| ปราสาทใต้ทะเล! คุสึโม่กับดรามิโดโร่!!
|| Lâu đài dưới đáy biển ! Kuzumo và Doramidoro
- ↑ TV Tokyo official website
- ↑ Sound director Masafumi Mima's Twitter account
- ↑ Pocket Monsters XY official website