From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Since I am now part of Project VA, I am creating a page predicting English VAs for undubbed eps.
- Cedric Juniper (アララギ博士 Dr. Araragi) : Ted Lewis
- Roxie (ホミカ Homika) : Melissa Schoenburg
- Mizuki (ミズキ) : Suzy Myers
- Jeff (ジェフ) : N. Ronald Levine
- Raul (ラウル) : I don't have a clue
- Nonomi (ノノミ ) : A random VA, possibly Kate Peterson
- Ghestis (ゲーチス G-Cis) : No idea
- Alexa (パンジー Pansy) : I can't decide
- Malin (マリン) : Probably a guest VA, just like the original, but I could see her being voiced by Erica Schroeder.
- Genesect (Chill Drive) : Not sure
- Comments : Wow, that was unexpected.
- Comments : *Sigh!* I really wish Rachael had a role in BW. I mean, what's the pint of returning just to do Maylene and some Sinnoh Pokémon? Has she been laid off again?
- Comments : Ho hum, just a guest VA. Like it's that easy to get a role in Pokémon?!
- Comments : Why aren't I getting any of these right?
- Comments : First one I got right! Yay!
- Comments : At least a 4Kids actor got her job back. (I am a supporter of SOVA, so I'm naturally glad about it.)
- Comments : That just goes to show you that Rodger Parsons doesn't do any on-screen characters.
- Comments : At least I was right about Dan voicing in this episode.
- Comments : I never predicted Sean voicing any important characters.
- Comments : Rebecca is as rare as Rachael (well, these days).
- Professor Tsuaraa/Crygonal Man : Joe Rodriguez
- Comments : Same as with Kate Peterson
- Comments : This is very frustrating...
- Comments : Welcome back, Stan! SOVA rules!
- Comments : But...he sounded so much like Carter!
- Comments : Do you get the feeling that Eli is being overcast with characters of the day?
- Comments : Once again, a main cast member voices a Gym Leader...
- Comments: Who the heck is H.D. Quinn? Some author?
- Comments : George Bailey wasn't even credited in that episode!
- Montgomery : Nicholas DiMichele
- Comments : Not offense Nicholas, but Montgomery is not Italian.
- Comment : I should have known that Rebolledo's only role would be Paul.
- Comments : Looks like Kenji-girl got this one before me.
- Comments : I am really getting tired of DuArt using unfamiliar VAs for COtDs.
- Comments : Why did I again predict that Rodger Parsons would voice a COtD?!
- Comments : Veronica returning was just wishful thinking.
- Comments : Surprising, Betty doesn't seem like a character that Emily would voice.
- Comments : It's hard to predict an English VA when it's Japanese VA is unknown.
- Comments :
Right! I thought I got this one right, but it turns out the user who added this info just guessed. *Sigh*
- Comments: Update : KG says that Tom forgot who voiced Kylan. Rachael Lillis was unfortunately not in this episode, so my prediction was wrong. Nor was Tara Jayne. Honestly, I think the only possible voice actor who did him in the episode was Lisa Ortiz.
- Comments : One of the few times a Gym Leader is voiced by a random VA from DuArt.
- Comments : He's been used way too much.
- Ricard Nouveau : H.D. Quinn
- Comments : Again, who is this H.D. Quinn?
- Comments : He was sure unfitting as Mr. Hatterly!
- Comments : I've really got to stop predicting Rodger Parsons...
- Comments : I forgot about him in my predictions, so I really don't have anything to say.
- Comments : Hmm, he did sound a little like James' father.
- Comments : Honestly, I couldn't place his English voice when I heard it. Update: According to KG, Tom forgot who voiced Jules, so we probably won't know for a long time.
- Comments : Hmm, this doesn't look like Aly's kind of character. Perhaps she's finally expanded her vocal range?
- Comments : My after-episode hunch was correct.
- Comments : Like Jules, I couldn't really place his actual voice when I heard it.
- Comments : Maybe Kayzie was a long shot. I can't remember the last time she did a COtD, especially one that was a young boy. And I think Lisa should stick to just females unless it is a Pokémon.
- Comments: Miriam Pultro? What kind of a name is that?
- Comments: Something tells me that Billy Bob is eventually going to be one of those "well known for Pokémon" voice actors.
- Comments : Good thing I had three guesses.
- Comments : Billy Bob sure is on a roll for this episode.
- Comments : Hilary's first BW role (honestly, I thought she quit after DP). And I've really gotta stop predicting Rachael.
- Comments : Honestly, I think Tom uses himself way too often.
- Cameron : Rory Max Kaplan
- Comments : Oh well, I had a hard time guessing him anyway.
- Comments : You can see why I predicted Eric. Oh well.
- Comments : It's a good thing I changed my prediction at the last minute. I don't know any big-time anime fan who doesn't know who Cristina Vee is.
- Comments : If changing his name wasn't bad enough, they used some H.D. Quinn-like guy who has no website, no Wikipedia page, no photos -- you get the idea.
- Comments : I'm not guessing or kidding. Lianne [Marie] Dobbs really does have no experience doing voice acting! :P
- Comments : OK, I know I've said this with long shot VA's, but I've really gotta stop predicting pre-TPCi voice actors.
- Comments : Fresh meat, eh? Wow, unexpected! *sarcasm*
- Comments : I thought they were both going to sound like Max. Oh well.
- Comments : Another imported-from-Funimation VA? Well, I guess it just goes to show that even voice actors working for a big dubbing company are still freelance.
- Comments : Maybe I'm thinking the wrong way for old ladies.
- Comments : A couple days before the ep premiered, I thought, "Wait a minute! They're going to stick him with Tom!". I was right.
- Comments : Well, at least I was right about Wayne voicing in this episode.
- Jeff :
Brian Hovland Ryan Stadler
- Comments : Like Tom, Eli is one of those generic VA's - as in ones you couldn't tell did a particular voice.
- Comments : Marc seems to do the majority of league/tournament trainers these days. (Well, male, obviously.)
- Comments : I guess Kayzie just doesn't do young boys anymore.
- Comments : *faints like they do in anime*
- Comments : Don't tell me that Tom forgot for the third time :(
- Comments : Oh yeah, I should have guessed...
- Comments : Do they really dub episodes that far in advance? I mean, we've known that Todd would have a role since January. (Even before the original aired!)
- Comments : Didn't see that one coming.
- Comments : Aw, why didn't I just guess?
- Comments : Aww, I thought I got it right!
- Comments : I thought it was Eileen Stevens. Well, that's why we have a "source required other than your ear" policy.
- Comments : I didn't really expect the Kentucky accent. I guess it works, but it just sounded too young for an elderly man.
- Comments : Something tells me Tom likes working with this guy.
- Comments : Um, okay...I didn't know Weiss was a guy :<
- Comments : They had to get a guest VA for such a generic voice? Come on, Tom, you didn't need to get the guy from Avenue Q to do a voice any guy could.
- Comments : Since she didn't have a page at the time, I didn't think to guess.
- Rhoder : Christopher Niosi
- Comments : I guess he sort of looks like Khoury.
- Comments : Not even close.
- Anthea : Lianne Marie Dobbs
- Concordia : Haven Paschall
- Comments : I suppose it's okay for a character to have a random VA in both the original and the dub.
- Comments : There seems to be this trend of getting someone new to do characters who play a big part in a saga.
- Comments : All I've heard is his laugh, quite honestly. (I didn't watch this episode because I already watched the original and decided to leave it at that.)
- Comments : Mike McFarland? He announced he was going to be on Pokémon way before the episode aired. Man, do they dub these episodes, like, right after they air in Japan?
- Comments : What happened to the water naming of the COtD's in this episode? Maybe they read Current's name literally as "Karento". As for Marc, eh, I wasn't expecting much.
- Comments : Didn't guess. Same case as with the Kanto Fair Host.
- Cadbury : Michael Liscio, Jr.
- Comments : He seemed kind of like a random VA character to me, and I got that right. Well, no, actually I didn't initially.
- Gemma : Cassandra Lee Morris
- Comments : Man they dub these so far in advance. (Tom announced she would be making an appearance shortly after the original aired.)
- Comments : Pretty much the go-to for grown men.
- Comments : I thought about guessing Rachael, but you know how that always turns out.
- Comments : I didn't know he was a non-speaking character. Oh well.
- Comments : Her voice reminded me of serious Jessie's in early BW.
Actual VA's (Movies)
- Comments : It was a shot out of the dark, and I got it right!
- Comments : Since we already knew Vic would voice Keldeo before the movie premiered, I didn't guess this one.
- Comments : Never guessed. And as for you H.D. Quinn, just show yourself already.
- Comments : I never officially guessed on here, but my prediction was Dan Green. Oh well.