From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Bill Rogers is a voice actor for the English-language dub of the Pokémon anime.
He has also played various roles in television, movies, and theater.
He is not related to voice actress Kayzie Rogers.
Bill Rogers started off as a stage and television actor. He had always been a fan of anime, and in 1999, he got his first role, a small part on The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Since then, he has gone on to voice many notable characters in various anime series. He is known among fans, and co-workers for his sense of humor.
Bill Rogers's Pokémon career began with The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon, where he played the role of Brock. He also played the roles of Scott and Drew for Season 9. Most notably he provides the voice of Brock's Sudowoodo, Croagunk and Ash's Infernape for the Diamond & Pearl series. He personally requested to provide the voice of Bonsly for Pokémon: Battle Frontier. As of The Rise of Darkrai, Rogers began doing the script timing for episodes. With the departure of Brock at the end of the Diamond and Pearl series, Rogers contributions to the series reduced although he did continue to voice minor characters and Pokémon (including Cilan's Stunfisk and Dawn's Quilava) as well as Ghetsis (his first recurring antagonist role).
Many of his voice roles were once performed by Eric Stuart.
Famous non-Pokémon roles
- Additional Voices (The Irresponsible Captain Tylor)
- Otaku (Comic Party)
- Prime Minister (Assemble Insert)
- Anno, Boss, Chief Editor, Doctor, Manager, Officer Yamamoto, Takashi, Yasushi Sanada (Boogiepop Phantom)
- Tanaka Soichiro (Genshiken)
- Tohma Seguchi (Gravitation)
- Kanata Myouken (Shingu)
- Mr. Arima, Pero Pero (His and Her Circumstances)
- Shaba (K.O. Beast)
- Codemaster Hottek (Chaotic)
- Addition Voices (Bullet Witch)
- Red M&M, Yellow M&M, Orange M&M, Blue M&M, Announcer (M&M's Kart Racing)
- Red M&M, Yellow M&M, Uncle Sam (M&M's Adventure)
- Red M&M, Yellow M&M, Orange M&M, Blue M&M (M&M's Beach Party)
- Heathcliff (Heathcliff: The Fast and the Funniest)