From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| The Journalist from Another Region!
Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gogoat!!
|| July 18, 2013
| United States
|| October 12, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 面出明美 Akemi Omode
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Assistant director
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Animation director
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| No additional credits are available at this time.
The Journalist from Another Region! (Japanese: パンジー登場！エリキテルとゴーゴート！！ Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gogoat!!) is the 134th episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 791st episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on July 18, 2013 and in the United States on October 12, 2013.
Our heroes have arrived on Harvest Island, famous for its delicious berries and the Grand Harvest Festival that celebrates them. Ash, Iris, and Cilan set off for the festival, and along the way, they come across a Pokémon they’ve never seen before—one that Ash’s Pokédex can’t identify! Ash just wants to catch it, of course, but when he challenges it to a battle, the electrical discharge from its frills knocks him flat, and its Trainer quickly runs up to apologize.
She introduces herself as Alexa, a Pokémon journalist from the faraway Kalos region. Along with her Pokémon, Helioptile and Gogoat, she travels the world for her job, writing about and photographing Pokémon in their natural habitat. Helioptile, who knocked Ash down, helps her by recharging her equipment, and Gogoat carries that equipment in its saddlebags—and remembers where it’s stored, something Alexa isn’t very good at!
Alexa has come to the island to cover the Pokémon Sumo competition at the festival, so they all decide to walk together. On the way, she fills our heroes in on the legend surrounding the competition: long ago, the island was in danger of going barren because people and Pokémon had stripped it of nearly all its berries. The island’s two strongest Pokémon fought each other to a standstill over the last remaining berry, and things looked grim...but a small boy picked the berry and split it in two, offering half to each Pokémon and telling them to share. The island recovered, and today, the Pokémon Sumo competition honors that fierce battle.
Ash, Iris, and Cilan all decide to enter the competition, and while they’re waiting for it to begin, Ash has a run-in with a rude boy named Rodney, who shoves him aside at the pie stand. It turns out Rodney has entered the competition, too, with his enormous Golurk, which makes short work of all its opponents! But Ash and Pignite are determined, and Rodney gradually begins to show respect for the pair’s persistence. Finally, with some clever maneuvering, Pignite manages to get Golurk off balance and throw it to the ground. Ash has won!
Rodney is disappointed, but Ash offers to split some berries with him, in an echo of the old legend. There are enough berries to feed the entire festival, and everyone happily joins in. Afterward, our heroes are ready to set out for the ship again when they learn that Alexa is heading to Kanto to work on her next article. So she’ll be joining them on their travels!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
and his friends
reached to the Harvest Island
, when Porter
is telling them there's a Grand Harvest Festival
in this island, where people are gathering their Pokémon
here for upcoming Pokémon Sumo Tournament
. Ash ws so excited about this, and decices to go to Grand Harvest Festival along with Iris
. During their trip to Grand Harvest Festival, Ash and his friend saw a Helioptile
, they were confused who's that pokemon. Ash scanned it on his Pokédex
, but there's no entry about this Pokémon in this Pokédex, it saids "No data.". Ash and his friends were impressed it didn't scan it at all. Iris was pondering maybe this Pokémon isn't from Unova, and Cilan was pondering maybe it's not from another region, neither. Ash didn't care where it come from, and decices to catch it sending Pikachu
to use his Thunder Shock
on it. But then, a mysterious woman warned Ash not to attack it, and Helioptile use a new attack called Parabolic Charge
on Ash and Pikachu before Iris and Cilan arrives what happened. Then this woman apologize Ash for her Pokémon what's it done. And then they meet up with Alexa
, a journalist from the Kalos
region, and her Pokémon Gogoat
and Helioptile. Alexa explains that she's in the Decolore Islands
to write an article on the tradition of Harvest Island, the Harvest Festival. As they visit the festival, they learn of a special Pokémon Sumo Tournament where the winner shall win a Focus Band
, and some rare Berries
. Ash, Iris
each decide to enter this tournament, but things turn out to be tougher than they thought. Who will win the tournament?
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Ursaring (US and international) Hariyama (Japan)
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Cinccino
- This episode marks the first anime appearance of Generation VI Pokémon and a Generation VI move.
- This episode marks the first mention of Kalos in the anime.
- The English dub of the episode aired the same day that Pokémon X and Y were released.
- The gap between the Japanese and US airings is 86 days, making this the shortest time between the premiere of the Japanese version and the English dub of the same episode at the time, prior to the XY series sneak peek event.
- This episode aired on September 20, 2013 in Italy (on K2), twenty-two days before the US airdate. The gap between the Japanese and Italian airings is 64 days, making this the shortest time ever between the premiere of the Japanese version and a dub of the same episode, prior to the XY series sneak peek event.
- This episode marks the first appearance of a Grotle in the main series other than the one that belonged to Ash.
- At one point Ash reminisces about his participation in a Pokémon Sumo Wrestling competition. This is a reference to Ring Masters, in which Ash battled and won with his Snorlax.
- In a recurring error, when Iris first releases her Dragonite from his Poké Ball, his antennae are briefly the same orange color as his body.
- When the Pokémon Sumo Tournament is about to begin, Hariyama's feet are colored the same way as its pants, and Slaking's eyes are colored the same way as its skin, expect the scleras.
- When Ash is eating the pie, his gloves are missing.
Iris's Dragonite's antennae error
Hariyama's feet and Slaking's eyes errors
In other languages
|| La giornalista di un'altra regione!