From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Eric Stuart recording for Slayers
Eric Stuart (born 18 October, 1967) was a voice actor for the English-language dub of the Pokémon anime.
Eric Stuart, the son of a criminal attorney and a modern dancer, grew up in Brooklyn. He was born October 18, 1967. He formed his first band at age 14, inspired by his music teacher. He learned to play the guitar in eighth grade, and was writing and recording songs by the tenth grade. Before graduating high school, he had recorded over 40 original songs.
After high school, Stuart worked as a production assistant and played shows in the New York City area. As his career continued, he and his band went on to open for such famous acts such as Chicago, Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jethro Tull, and Peter Frampton.
Stuart retired from voice acting in 2009, as he moved to Nashville, Tennessee to focus on his family and music career.
Eric Stuart's most famous roles on Pokémon are that of Brock and James. He played these until the end of season eight when Pokémon USA took over the right to air the anime. His main roles were taken over by Bill Rogers and Billy Beach. Stock footage was used for seasons nine through eleven for the Pokémon he voiced, but those roles were eventually taken over as well.
Famous non-Pokémon roles
- Gourry Gabriev (Slayers)
- Seto Kaiba, Bastion Misawa (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
- Meta Knight (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!)
- Dik Dik van Dik (Ultimate Muscle)
- Lucian, Grey (Valkyrie Profile)
- Ail, Toil, OX-11 (Gall Force: Eternal Story)
- Yutaka Watari (Descendants of Darkness/Yami no Matsuei)
- Black Shadow, Draq, Octoman (F-Zero GP Legend)
- Narrator (One Piece)
- Furusawa, Lupin, Tochizawa, "Number One" (Here is Greenwood (Central Park Media dub))
- Dr. Z (Dinosaur King)
Eric Stuart Band albums
- Curiosity (1996)
- Picture Perfect World (1997)
- Blue, Dressed in Black (2000)
- Bombshellshocked (2003)
- In The County of Kings (2007)
- Empty Frame of Reference (2009)
On Bulbagarden forums