|Foggy Pokémon Orienteering!
PokéEnteering! The X in the Mist!
||August 28, 2014
||October 25, 2014
||武上純希 Junki Takegami
||樋口香里 Kaori Higuchi
||末田宜史 Yoshifumi Sueda
||篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
|青木一紀 Kazuki Aoki
|山田桃子 Momoko Yamada
|No additional credits are available at this time.
Foggy Pokémon Orienteering! (Japanese: ポケエンテーリング！霧の中のＸ！ PokéEnteering! The X in the Mist!) is the 41st episode of Pokémon the Series: XY, and the 840th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on August 28, 2014 and in the United States on October 25, 2014.
It's time for Pokémon Orienteering at Professor Sycamore's Pokémon summer camp! In this activity, the campers and their Pokémon follow a map to several different checkpoints, stamping their card at each one, and whoever gets all the stamps first is the winner! Our heroes in Team Froakie and their friends in Team Squirtle are neck and neck on their way to the finish line when a thick fog rolls in, separating Bonnie and Pikachu from everyone else.
Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna decide to put the race on hold to help Ash, Serena, and Clemont find them. After getting into some misadventures, Bonnie and Pikachu are safely recovered thanks to the cooperation among the two groups of friends and their Pokémon partners.
Unfortunately, they return to camp too late to win any points in the race, but the Team Squirtle trio declare that helping their friends was totally worth it! And on their way back, they spot a mysterious antlered Pokémon who causes flowers to bloom...
Another day at the Pokémon Summer Camp rolls in, and the participants are all prepared to start the next activity. For the day, Professor Sycamore announces that the participants will participate in a competition of Pokémon Orienteering, where the participants will all race to find all of the stamps around the campgrounds, and whoever is first will be the winner. Team Froakie and Team Squirtle are both exceptionally determined to win the competition, as they prepare.
Soon, all of the teams are at the starting line of the race. All of the teams are provided maps to navigate through the checkpoints. Sycamore declares the race begun, and the teams all run off to compete for all of the stamps. Professor Sycamore monitors all of the checkpoints of the race and keeps in contact with his assistants who keep watch over all of the checkpoints. Team Froakie and Team Squirtle both reach checkpoint one first, and Ash and Tierno both climb up the cliff to see the stamp point. Froakie and Squirtle aid them in this endeavor. However, Ash reaches the checkpoint first and receives the stamp.
Meanwhile, the next checkpoint is atop a bridge. This time, Serena and Shauna are up to reach the checkpoint, but Serena expresses immense acrophobia as she crawls across the bridge in extreme fear, and Shauna reaches the checkpoint as Serena is too scared to cross the bridge quickly. Shauna then runs off while Serena is still on the bridge and grabbing on in her continued fear. She eventually tags her map, still stressed, and walks off. The next checkpoint is within a maze, and Clemont and Trevor then race through the maze. Clemont eventually reaches the checkpoint and wins first.
However, as the teams then reunite, they find themselves in a fog that clouds everything. Ash, being unable to see anything in the thick fog, runs into a tree. Team Froakie is lost, and Bonnie winds up separated from the group along with Pikachu. She is lost and calls out to Ash, Serena, and Clemont. As they try to search for them, Bonnie and Pikachu then notice that flowers are suddenly blooming. A bizarre Pokémon then runs past them, much to their amazement. Bonnie runs after it.
Soon, Team Froakie runs into Team Squirtle. The two join efforts to try and find Bonnie and Pikachu. Ash sends out his Fletchinder to find them. Meanwhile, Bonnie and Pikachu accidentally enrage a swarm of Beedrill, but Pikachu wards them off. Soon, they run into an Amoonguss, who uses Spore on them, and Bonnie quickly falls asleep, falling off of a cliff in the process, only to be saved by a Drifblim.
Team Froakie and Team Squirtle run into and anger the same Amoonguss from before, who tries to attack them, but Froakie and Pikachu ward it off. Soon, they see Bonnie on the other side of a large valley separating them from her. Clemont notices a group of Drifloon and Drifblim at the bottom of the valley and suggests that they awaken them to form a large float for them to get across. They use their Pokémon to awaken the Drifblim, and Ash jumps across all of them and retrieves Bonnie, then jumps back up the Drifblim. However, he falls short of reaching the other side, and he and Bonnie almost fall down the canyon. All of his friends struggle to grab onto him and pull him up, and eventually succeed. After a while, Bonnie wakes up from her sleep. Just as she then excitedly tells them that she saw an incredible Pokémon who had amazing power, said Pokémon appears on the other side of the cliff. Although there is a thick fog surrounding it, it is clear that there is a X Pokémon who faces them, with its horns shimmering brightly. Before Ash can scan it with his Pokédex or Trevor can take a picture of it, however, it quickly runs off.
Team Froakie and Team Squirtle ultimately lose, but they congratulate the winning teams.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
TV episode debuts
Who's That Pokémon?: Charmander (US and international)
Pokémon Quiz: Charmander (Japan)
The title card segment focuses on Bonnie for this episode
- When Tierno and Squirtle jump on Amoonguss's head, its eyes when they are closed are not colored black at all.
- When Ash is apologizing to Amoonguss, the part of its Poké Ball-like pattern on its right arm is colored gray instead of red.
- When Clemont and the others are rescuing Ash and Bonnie, a part of Bulbasaur's bulb is colored the same way as its skin.
- There are major inconsistencies with the points rating during the Summer Camp arc, which is further emphasized in this episode. In the beginning, Professor Sycamore mentions how Team Froakie, consisting of Ash and his friends, and Team Squirtle, consisting of Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna, have both 13 points. This corresponds with what the narrator says at the end of Day Three Blockbusters!, but not with the points given during the events seen. In accordance with the activities that took place and the points given, Team Froakie should have 13 points, and Team Squirtle should have 10 points. Furthermore, they are both tied at the first place in the point ranking at the beginning of this episode, which is incorrect and should be Team Chikorita instead, who, also in accordance with the points given, should have 14 points. Also, Team Fennekin is shown to be at the second place in the ranking, while Team Bulbasaur is shown to be at the third place. However, at the activities shown in the previous episode, they were shown not to have obtained any points. It is possible that there have been activities taking place off-screen, although this is not implied and still does not explain how Team Chikorita is not on the top 3 ranking at all in this episode, even though they were shown to have obtained more points than both Team Froakie and Team Squirtle.
- In the Danish, Finnish, and Swedish dubs, when Ash is jumping on Drifblim, his English voice can be heard.
In other languages
||Et tåget Pokémon-orienteringsløb!
||Een Pokémon-oriëntatieloop in de mist!
| European French
||Course d'orientation dans le brouillard !
||Ein Pokémon Orientierungs-Rennen im Nebel!
||Κυνήγι Θυσαυρού Πόκεμον, Μέσα στην Ομίχλη!
||!ניווט פוקימונים בערפל
||Una gara di orientamento Pokémon!
||포켓엔티어링! 안개 속의 X!!
||Mglisty Pokébieg na orientacje!
| Brazilian Portuguese
||Orientação Pokémon Nebulosa!
||Ориентирование с покемонами в тумане!
| European Spanish
||¡Una Orientación Pokémon Neblinosa!
||โปเกเอนเทียริ่ง! X ในสายหมอก!
||Sisli Pokemon yarışı!
||Chữ X trong màn sương!