User talk:Me, Hurray!
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Me, Hurray!!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four squiggly things (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a giant purple elephant flying around the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! TESHIGIGAS 12:03, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
I will :-). Me, Hurray! 12:07, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
Can you change your platinum location because it shows up on the category of pokemon missing pokedex locations page?--Tom 21:56, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Changed. Also, congratulations on being the only one with the common sense to alert me to this through my Talk Page rather than my Userpage. 15:08, 5 November 2008 (UTC)Me, Hurray! 15:08, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
Being condescending in edit summaries
Don't be. What does calling a Chansey "she" have to do with "speaking like a child"? Seriously, how does one correlate with the other? Second, when an individual pokémon is known to have a gender (in this case, all mono-gender species individuals, such as Chansey, Throh, etc), they are referred to by that gender pronoun when speaking about them specifically. This is how it's to be handled across the wiki (meaning it's correct to use female pronouns for Red's Chansey). You're not wrong about using "it" on species articles when it refers to the species as a whole, but tone back your attitude about it. Kai * the Arc Toraph 21:06, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- "She" and "he" are human pronouns. Chansey is an animal. But if that's how the Wiki does it, then it should be mentioned in the manual of style. I genuinely apologise for my "attitude", however. I did not realise I was being so rude about it. Looking back, I suppose I was. Sorry. Me, Hurray! (talk) 21:28, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't mean them to be "scare quotes" but okay, understood~. I'll better consider my punctuation and how it may be interpreted next time. Sorry about that. Me, Hurray! (talk) 18:26, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Please do not add information about the GS leak yet, we are not sure if the information is legitimate. It could be an elaborate hoax to ride off the nostalgia train from the recent beta RG reveals.--ForceFire 06:01, 1 June 2018 (UTC)