From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is intended to be moved into one of Bulbapedia's main content spaces.|
Be mindful that it is still part of a personal userspace. Any content changes should be brought up on the talk page for this article.
This page is intended to be added as a subsection to either Core series#Timeline or History of the Pokémon world, to provide a central place with rigorous citations to support the chronology of the games.
Chronology of the games
This section details the chronology of the core series games. Alternate versions or remakes are generally presumed to be retellings of the same story (therefore falling in the same place in the timeline), with the exception of those that are established as part of a separate timeline. Zinnia's lore suggests that the events in both timelines may have many parallels, except that one has Mega Evolution and one does not.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 At the second visit to Mossdeep Space Center during Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's Delta Episode, Zinnia states that the games with Mega Evolution take place in a different world from the one in games without Mega Evolution. She says: "My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built. And in that Hoenn of that world... What would happen if one day, out of the blue, a meteoroid appeared? What would happen to the people of that world, without the technology to destroy the meteoroid or the power to warp it away? ... Looks like it's beyond the power of your imagination."
- ↑ In Gold, Silver, and Crystal, the male Team Rocket Executive who is fought at Team Rocket HQ says: "What? Who are you? This is the office of our leader, Giovanni. Since disbanding Team Rocket three years ago, he has been in training. But we're certain he will be back some day to assume command again. That's why we're standing guard. I won't let anyone disturb this place!"
- ↑ In HeartGold and SoulSilver, Petrel says at Team Rocket HQ: "Since disbanding Team Rocket three years ago, our Giovanni has been missing. But we're certain he's been waiting for the right time for our revival... Wahahaha! Losing to you won't change the fact that you are unable to get in the radio-transmitter room! You need my voice to unlock it!"
- ↑ In Black 2 and White 2, at N's Castle, N says: "It was two years ago. For the sake of Pokémon… For my ideal world…B2/For my world of truth…W2 I put my beliefs on the line and battle a certain Trainer! And I lost… But at the same time, I learned something important. To make a the world better,you must accept different ideas."'
- ↑ The concept art for Grimsley's appearance in Sun and Moon is titled "Grimsley (two years later)".
- ↑ During the Ultra Beast missions, Looker says about Anabel: "Nanu and I, we found her here ten years ago, unconscious on the shore of this very island."
- ↑ Porygon's Pokédex entry in Sun says: Roughly 20 years ago, it was artificially created, utilizing the latest technology of the time.