From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Toshinobu Matsumiya (Japanese: 松宮稔展 Matsumiya Toshinobu) is a scenario writer who works on Game Freak. He has been credited in every core series game with the exception of Pokémon Red and Green, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!.
- Pokémon Yellow (1998) - Game Scenario
- Pokémon Gold and Silver (1999) - Game Scenario
- Pokémon Crystal (2000) - Game Scenario, Pokédex Text
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (2002) - Game Scenario
- Pokémon Emerald (2004) - Scenario
- Pokémon Ranger (2006) - Game Scenario
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (2006) - Plot Scenario, Game Scenario
- Pokémon Platinum (2008) - Game Design, Plot Scenario, Game Scenario, Pokédex Text
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (2009) - Game Design, Game Scenario, Pokédex Text
- Pokémon Black and White (2010) - Scenario, Dialogue Design (Lead)
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (2012) - Scenario, Pokémon Concept & Pokédex Text, Game Design Lead, Text, Pokémon World Tournament Design
- Pokémon Dream Radar (2012) - Concept Design
- Pokémon X and Y (2013) - Scenario, Game Dialogue Design (Lead)
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (2016) - Scenario, Pokémon Concept & Pokédex Text, Game Dialogue Design
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (2017) - Scenario, Sub Scenario, Movie Design, Game Text Localization Support
- Pokémon Sword and Shield (2019) - Main Scenario
- One of the default names for Barry in the Japanese version of Pokémon Diamond is トシノブ Toshinobu, a reference to Toshinobu Matsumiya.
- According to Toshinobu Matsumiya, Hilbert and Hilda and were initially visualized to be at the age of 16.
- Toshinobu Matsumiya posted the chronology of the core series games on Twitter in May 2014, but the tweet was deleted shortly after. No further comments on the chronology or deletion of the tweet have been made by Game Freak staff members.