From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Mario is a multi-generational player who has been playing Pokemon for a very long time. She has most notably played Sapphire and Platinum.
||~7 (Generation III), between 10 and 13 (Generation IV), 13 (Generation V Playthrough #1), 13-16 (Generation VI-VII and Generation I-II VC Playthrough #1), 18 (Generation V-VII + I-II VC Playthrough #2)
||Littleroot Town, Twinleaf Town (Pokemon Game Hometowns; real life hometown unknown)
||Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kanto, Unova, Alola
||Champion/World Champion/Pokemon Trainer/Team MCPE13 Leader/Battle Legend
Mario is a sweet and optimistic girl from Littleroot Town in the Hoenn Region. She has won the championship of Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh, Johto, Unova, Kalos, and Alola so far in both Battle Towers and Pokemon Leagues. She has a liking mostly for Dragon and Water-type Pokemon.
Mario's appearance is somewhat varied despite the simple characteristics of light brown hair and bright blue eyes. She always wears some type of distinguishable red hat (usually a bandana or a cap of some type) but the rest of the clothes on her body range from summer clothes such as bathing suits and sandals or flip flops to clothes similar to Lucas's attire in Platinum. Strangely, she has a tendency to use coats with pockets to carry her game consoles around rather than to actually stay warm. Mario likes her hair mostly in May's style but has occasionally done styles of other Pokemon girls such as Dawn's style.
Mario also has an Action Replay which is kept on a necklace or another similar item. From Generation VI onward, this Action Replay has a Key Stone on it, being referred to as a "Mega Action Replay"; despite this she probably had a Mega Ring or Mega Bracelet before.
Activitywise, Mario obviously likes to play Pokemon but also likes to swim, hike, listen to music, write stories, and eat.
||This user rejects your pathetic attempts of classification.
||☆ This user's favorite character is May. ☆
||This user has a Mew.
||This user eats too much.
||This user doesn't go anywhere without her Pokéwalker.
On a more technical level, Mario has played almost every Pokemon game, notably Sapphire, FireRed, Platinum, Black 2, Omega Ruby, and Ultra Sun. She also claims to have a good Pokemon Go account with numerous legendary Pokemon. Lastly, she has played Pokemon Showdown before, mostly on the national Dex AG tier, but was banned in December 2021.
Mario got an Action Replay on December 28, 2015. She is now super good at Pokemon coding in general and even has an entire hacked 3ds dedicated to enhanced Pokemon gameplay.
Mario's favorite Pokemon is Giratina. Her least favorite Pokemon is probably Wobbuffet, due to the fact that she lost a 208-win-streak on Sapphire by getting her Wobbuffet with Leftovers against another Wobbuffet with Leftovers, and there was no way to end the battle so she had to turn off the game.
Some other Pokemon Mario particularly likes:
- Black Kyurem
- Alolan Raichu
- Alolan Marowak
- Alolan Sandslash
Mario's Favorite Mega Evolutions:
- Meg Gyarados
- Mega Charizard X
- Mega Rayquaza
- Mega Metagross
- Mega Steelix
- Mario, despite being female, seems to be borderline multigender with a mix of traits of both genders.
- Additionally she identifies as male around her own family but this is more of a disguise than anything.
- Mario's top favorite game is Pokemon Platinum.
- Her second favorite is Sapphire.
- Mario can telepathically feel the physical feelings of her Latias and her Espeon.
- All of Mario's in-game representations have some sort of red headgear which is usually a hat or bandana of some type.
- Mario seems to be nonromantic, with no possible romantic relationships in her life. This may be partly because she believes getting married and having children is a mortal sin.
- Mario's red Gyarados was traded to her from her best friend on June 4, 2015, where she gave up one of her Metagross to get the Gyarados.
- This trade happened with Platinum and HeartGold.
- Mario has a 9999 win streak on Pokemon Platinum's Battle Tower. She had a 208 win streak in Sapphire at the battle tower at one point but it ended because her Wobbuffet got stuck against another Wobbuffet and because both were holding leftovers the battle would never end and as such the only option was to soft reset the game.
- Mario's teams, while somewhat monotonous, underrepresent her actual Pokemon collection. In actuality she has caught every one of the original 493 from generation 1-4 at least once and trained each one.
- Mario typically uses third-version mascot legendary Pokemon in battle.
- The main exceptions are Zekrom and Kyogre.
- Mario's eyes are bright blue and her hair is light brown, making her physically look similar to May, her favorite Pokemon character.
- This could also be interpreted as a similarity to Jesus who also had shoulder-length brown hair and blue eyes. However this may or may not have been 100% intentional.
- Mario also has a fan fiction counterpart but the real-life person behind the account has yet to publish the fan fiction in any manner.
- Mario's ID number in Pokemon Platinum is 60866.
- While Mario has lots of similarities with May, a notable difference is that she picked Mudkip as her Hoenn starter (in Pokemon Sapphire), while May picked Torchic.
- Mario actually said that she originally wanted Torchic to be her starter but when she watched the first episode of the Hoenn TV series she was somewhat confused by May disliking being sprayed by the Mudkip. She said that if she were in May's position and getting sprayed by the Mudkip, she would have actually enjoyed it.
- Mario has an Eevee she hatched from an egg in the Hoenn region much like May's Eevee egg. (However it is unknown how she got said Eevee egg unlike May's which was gotten from a farm.) Mario's Eevee, however, evolved into an Espeon unlike May's Glaceon.
Mario is a fusion of the names May and Ryuga (from the Beyblade franchise). It could also be a play on the Super Mario franchise.
Mario's fictitious home Platinum Castle was named directly after Pokemon Platinum.
Mario's liking for Pokemon likely originated as a childhood interest. When Mario started hacking Pokemon it was originally to get Darkrai and Arcues in Platinum but it has escalated into hacking entire Nintendo consoles to make the game more enjoyable.