| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
Slopoke G/S anime Pokedex entry its-it is. a small one. please!Littlmiget123 14:06, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
- Strangely however its not so popular on their /vp/ board =P. DeadUniverse Hello! 12:16, 11 November 2010 (UTC)
- And I think memes like that shouldn't be included until they spread outside of 4chan more, like So I herd U liek Mudkips did. --AndyPKMN 12:52, 11 November 2010 (UTC)
(Sorry for my bad English) I believe, you have to center the sprites of Crystal and Gold, because it don't looks beautiful when the sprite of Slowpoke lays so below. For example the Crystal und Gold sprites of shiny Slowpoke are in the center of the picture and in my opinion that is distinctly prettier to watch (uniformity)!--LaBumm 14:12, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
Slowpoke based on a Giant Otter rather than Leucistic Hippo.
Its marine nature, fishing habits and association with shellfish have me believe that Slowpoke and its evolutions are based on various species of otter rather than a Hippopotamus with leucism. It specifically resembles a young Giant Otter.
Slowprobro 07:02, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
Just noticed this so I though I would point it out, that Slowpoke is supposed to evolve by having a Shellder clamp its tail, but they are both opposite version-exclusives in FireRed and LeafGreen, with Shellder being exclusive to FireRed and Slowpoke being exclusive to LeafGreen. So ironically, Slowbro and Slowking technically shouldnt be obtainable at all in those games. Vuvuzela2010 ☠ 16:26, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
Slowpoke is based on a hippopotamus, a cartoonish one specifically.Bennell 20:18, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Slowpoke a salmander?
It doesn't look anything like a salamander.Bennell 19:48, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Dang!Are you ever happy ? It was specied hippo in the origin section, but still there is something you don't like at any other origin page. Instead of commenting, why don't you bring proof and show them to admins ? It would be much easier.----DJWolfy 20:25, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
Salamanders have flatter bodies, flatter heads, and toes.Bennell 22:09, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
- Salamander also don't have fire on the tip of their tails. Either way, it says Hippopotamus on there anyways.--ForceFire 02:38, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
Charmander is based on the mythical salamander.Bennell 13:13, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
The Sea Otter is the only species of otter that is marine and associated with shellfish.Bennell 15:42, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
Pygmy Hippo x Giant Otter
I personally now believe that the Slowpoke family are a mix between Pygmy Hippos and Giant Otters.
Slowprobro 03:54, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
I thought you can't copy images from other sites? Bennell 20:14, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
Slowpoke and Shellder
In the trivia section of Slowpoke's page it is stated that Slowpoke has never been seen using a Shellder to evolve outside of the Anime. This is incorrect, in the River area of the original Pokemon Snap game for Nintendo 64 you could lure a Slowpoke close to the water's edge and watch as it stuck it's tail to do some fishing. A Shellder would latch onto the Slowpoke's tail and cause the Slowpoke to evolve into a Slowbro. --Raizerninja (talk) 04:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
"Only Pokemon with (type) and (egg group)" trivia
I once pointed out that Slowpoke's evolution family were the only psychic Pokemon in the monster egg group. Someone undid my edit, saying this specific kind of trivia is not allowed. Does this really break some rule? If it does, does the trivia in Tyranitar's article need to be deleted as well? sumwun (talk) 18:26, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing out that trivium on Tyranitar. I've removed it as well. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:53, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
May the Slowpoke is based on a Prorastomus sirenoides, an extinct species of primitive sirenian that lived during the Eocene Epoch.