- Ballerina as well, thought I put that down, darn nyquil. Yamitora1 (talk) 14:50, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
- Since I did this for the other two, アシレーヌ or Ashirenu probably comes from ashika (sea lion) and serene or siren (the latter being a clear basis for this Pokemon)
Yeah agreed, definitely derived from Prima Donna (a celebrated female singer) and ballerina and/or sirena (Spanish for mermaid). As a result, it does also contain 'marina', which relates to the sea.Fresco (talk) 15:31, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
I dunno, prima donna does fit, but I get the feeling it's just supposed to be from the word, "prim". It's worth mentioning both. The "marina" part obviously evokes the word marine, as in marine life. Qwertyo76 (talk) 17:43, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
- "Selkies are said to live as seals in the sea but shed their skin to become human on land." Oh. Well yeah, certainly. Qwertyo76 (talk) 17:59, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
- You can also add in mermaids or merfolk while your at it. *shrugs* Seems to have some features that resemble those, like its tail. ----NateVirus(Talk|Contributions) 18:09, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
- ^Wow, I didn't even look to see that it was already added...my bad. ----NateVirus(Talk|Contributions) 18:10, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
Is this trivia worthy?
Fully Evolved Alola Starters and Mallow leaked
Can someone who can edit this page add this to the Trivia section?
- On June 4th, 2016, official confidential art featuring Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, and Mallow was leaked on the internet. This leak happened 145 days before the Fully Evolved Alola Starters' official reveal on October 27, 2016.
Here are my sources. http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-370057.html http://66.media.tumblr.com/0250e03bd66ab9ca99dc62e78ecf5d7b/tumblr_o8adnyxaSF1qhkgqso1_540.jpg
About Primarina leaked art
In the early leaked art Primarina eyes laked the pink sparkle, this was something added later on its design. I tried to add it in the trivia, but an editor undo it saying that "it is not notable and anyone can see it on their own", even when said art is leaked and confidential, and it can be lost or difficult to find eventually. - unsigned comment from Montblanc (talk • contribs)
- Very few final Pokémon designs remain the same throughout their design process. Primarina's design being leaked prior to it being finished is notable trivia, but it's more relevant to the leak than to Primarina itself, since it isn't unique in having its design changed throughout the design process. Scribbl 11:54, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
- It's concept art. Primarina's design probably wasn't even fully finalized. The pink sparkle is a really minor thing, so the concept art not having it doesn't really mean much. Also, there are other differences if you compare it to its final artwork, such as the collar being a darker color or it frowning instead of smiling. Ataro (talk) 12:12, 30 January 2017 (UTC)