Correct to the korean name
- Thank you for pointing that out. The page has been updated accordingly. --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 19:55, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
- If by "cercus" you mean "circus", then the appearance as well as its acrobatic nature on its water balloons do seem to be inspired from seals and clowns in a circus. ChE clarinetist (talk) 22:19, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
If we're considering Hawaiian words as an influence for the name's origin, then perhaps the Hawaiian word for ball, "pōpō", should be considered for the first part of the name. After all, the Japanese name's broken-down meaning is "sea lion" and "ball".
If so, then would someone be willing to add pōpō into the name origin section?
- Popplio may be a combination of pop and lio. Pop may come from the Hawaiian word for ball, pōpō, or from the English word pop. Lio, may come from ʻīlio-holo-i-ka-uaua, the Hawaiian name for the Hawaiian monk seal, which means "dog that runs in rough water".
I changed some punctuation for Hawaiian words, as they traditionally are written with the ʻ and with certain pronunciation cues (see: ō and ī). Paᗧ•••ᗣck 23:06, 11 May 2016 (UTC)
Sorry if this is way too early, which it may very well be, but shouldn't it be pointed out that Popplio's appearance is based on that of a circus sea lion, clown, and a play on the Hawaiian name for Hawaiian Monk Seals? Might also be where the double P comes from, puppy I mean. Drbiohazmat (talk) 22:08, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
According to the Japenese Pokedex Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc03tXikfJs) they show Popplio's Alola Region number is #007. This means it's national dex number is #728- unsigned comment from Theexploringgamer (talk • contribs)
- Could we somehow make Popplio No.72?. If there is a number 000, then it still wouldn't reach 730. - unsigned comment from Theexploringgamer (talk • contribs)
- Movesets are subject to change any time before release, so we're holding off on adding movesets to pages. --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 17:49, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
Performing sea lion theme
It appears Popplio and it's evoltions have a performing sea lion theme due to Popplio and it's evolutions having elements of performers(circus clowns, ballerina dancers, and opera singers) and the fact that sea lions have been trained to perform in circuses, zoos, and oceanariums like SeaWorld.Robbie (talk) 17:27, 28 October 2017 (UTC)