Talk:Pokémon Storage System
- 1 Wallpaper
- 2 Hajime = Poke Dude?
- 3 Japanese Storage System
- 4 A Primo Question
- 5 Black/White Additional Wallpapers
- 6 FireRed+LeafGreen
- 7 High Resolution Wallpapers
- 8 Someone's PC
- 9 Markings and IVs
- 10 Other-language pokemon
- 11 Box Wallpapers Gen VI
- 12 Error naming
- 13 PSS
- 14 Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire wallpapers are missing!
- 15 Using Pokémon Bank to unlock the last box
- 16 Catching Solgaleo/Lunala with full Boxes
- 17 Latios/Latias in ORAS with full Boxes
- 18 gen 3 Markings
The Wallpaper section here states that additional wallpaper can be unlocked by matching one number at the Pokémon Lottery. I thought the type of wallpaper unlocked there was for the dress-up room at Jubilife TV, not the Storage System. Or are wallpapers unlocked for both through the lottery? Raylax 14:44, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- No, that is just contest backgrounds. Section removed. —darklordtrom 10:34, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Hajime = Poke Dude?
-shrug- They look so much alike. Maybe he's the same person? Fudgenuggets 17:58, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
Japanese Storage System
In the Japanese Red/Green Versions, there are only 8 boxes, but each can hold 30 Pokémon (hnlike the American Red/Blue, where there are 12 boxes, and each can hold 20 Pokémon). Krisi 20:07, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
A Primo Question
Black/White Additional Wallpapers
- My problem was just that it doesn't say the box number in the FireRed and LeafGreen part, though I now understand that it just hadn't changed amount of boxes from Ruby and Sapphire. -EVsAndIVsaurs (Talk) 01:43, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
High Resolution Wallpapers
Does anyone have high resolution rips of the box wallpapers from Black / White and Black 2 / White 2? I would like them for a programming project. codemonkey85 15:30, 04 May 2013 (EST)
I have always wondered, but I haven't been sure how to phrase the question. What's the deal about all the fuzz surrounding the developer of the storage system? Why "Someone's PC" before you meet the developer? It's not as if it's made into a major plot point in the games, it's usually just "oh, so you're the one who made the storage system. Cool, I suppose." Konaya (talk) 18:28, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
Markings and IVs
In X and Y, pokemon in your storage boxes are now marked if they came from different-language versions of the game (I can personally attest to both Japanese and Spanish in my copy). The notification appears next to the pokemon's level on the box screen and above their pokedex number on the Stat screen. I believe that this is worth noting on this page, or, if not here, than on some other appropriate page.
On a related note, does anyone else who has seen this know if regional identifiers like this persist when a pokemon is sent from a previous generation (I.E.-will the Stantler I got off the Global Link from a spanish guy in 5th gen be marked as Spanish when I trade it through the Pokemon Transporter)? Legionaireb (talk) 17:15, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
- Language of origin identifiers aren't exclusive to the storage system; it shows up on the Pokémon's summary screen as well. If it isn't already mentioned, it should probably go on outsider Pokémon. glikglak 17:39, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) The language tags are visible when the pokémon are in your party, too, so it's not a storage system thing; it might be best for the Meister's page, as that deal with foreign languages specifically. And yes, a gen 5 pokémon will be marked with their native language, if it's different from the gen 6's own. I assume it would be the same with a gen 4 pokémon. Kai * the Arc Toraph 17:49, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
Box Wallpapers Gen VI
- Are you referring to the wallpapers? The wallpapers appear correct... Tiddlywinks (talk) 21:57, 8 July 2014 (UTC)
- You're half right there. That volcano wallpaper is absolutely in FRLG. It's just also in Sapphire (and I assume at the moment Ruby). I think I only looked at FRLG before. I'll fix it. Tiddlywinks (talk) 17:19, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
It's not official but it has its usage among fans. It's just like calling the core series "main series". And neither Search or Redirect are good templates here if we want to be accurate (unlike in the Player Search System's case, where Redirect makes sense because PSS is not a disambiguation page). SatoMew 17:16, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- For my part, if it's just used among fans, I would say it doesn't need noting here. I'm not hugely connected to the fandom at large, but I've never heard it used like that.
- I'm not sure why you think any sort of template is needed here at all. I don't see any way you can arrive here accidentally having intended to arrive elsewhere, currently.
- (The redirect/search mixup on Player Search System is my bad. I wasn't paying full attention to all of what you changed and thought I had originally used "search" (for good reason, no doubt). Redirect is in fact correct.) Tiddlywinks (talk) 17:42, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire wallpapers are missing!
This game features all the wallpapers from Ruby and Sapphire plus a new tab under Etcetera called 'Special' it contains four choices: Flower, Tile, Carpet, and Ruin. I noticed it was missing from the article I don't have access to high quality versions of the backgrounds unfortunately. Also maybe of note to include the ones from Ruby and Sapphire as they are wider to account for the games sixty pokémon box size. Just thought this stuff was worth pointing out. - unsigned comment from TasmanSmith (talk • contribs)
Using Pokémon Bank to unlock the last box
What happens if the player uses Pokémon Bank to unlock the last Box in Generation VI, so that when when they battle Xerneas/Yveltal/Rayquaza, they have no free party slots or Box spaces? --SnorlaxMonster 07:44, 5 December 2016 (UTC)
Catching Solgaleo/Lunala with full Boxes
In Generation VI, the game didn't unlock the last Box until a particular Legendary Pokémon was caught, in order to force the player to catch it. In Generation VII, this is no longer the case. What happens if you have full Boxes when you try and catch Solgaleo/Lunala? --SnorlaxMonster 07:54, 31 December 2016 (UTC)